• 1.3 million p.a

1 1.85%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 5.56%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Agreed and while I think Lobb to this point is a bust if we played him 80 per cent ruck I think he'd give us plenty.
    Yep, Lobb is worth virtually nothing for a trade and he is contracted for another 2 years beyond this year. It is no-brainer stuff to let English walk, work to retain Marra, Smith and Bont on longer term deals and also get better draft capital with the value that English possesses. Marra has been the man twice already in his career (against Melbourne in late 2022 and Brisbane last year). So has Smith (finals series of 2021). We are threadbare for running power in the midfield as it is so Smith is a must-keep (if at all possible). Thank Macrae and Daniel for their services and package them up to a North, who desperately need senior bodies - take whatever chips they are worth (it won't be a lot) and fix up the list management headaches that those longer-term contracts are giving us. And play Harmes as a defensive mid/high half forward - we have him for 2 more years so let's use him and play to his strengths, which will better balance our playing profile.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

The salary cap is a vital part of managing a playing list so I'm not as ute we hy any one would not take it into consideration when evaluating a high paid players position within the list. Getting the right valuation on the top end talent opens up opportunities to bring in other players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The salary cap is a vital part of managing a playing list so I'm not as ute we hy any one would not take it into consideration when evaluating a high paid players position within the list.
    Exactly and that job is with Sam. If he can make it work then it would be great to keep all three players. As Mofra said, the cap is going up to 17 million from 12
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Lobb is the $500,000 a season ruck - already on the list. I think that?s better for us than the nothing pick we?d get offered for him.
    Oh yeah that's exactly what I was saying. I mean Lobb should play the bulk of the time where he's best suited which is ruck. And English could play the bulk at CHB. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah that's exactly what I was saying. I mean Lobb should play the bulk of the time where he's best suited which is ruck. And English could play the bulk at CHB. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
    0 proof English would work as a CHB. More likely another backman that’s easily pushed off the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    0 proof English would work as a CHB. More likely another backman that’s easily pushed off the ball.
    Of course, but he's not the ruckman we need. Are you averse to trying new things, Bevo?

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed and while I think Lobb to this point is a bust if we played him 80 per cent ruck I think he'd give us plenty.
    Lobb isn't a bust for mine, forward/ruck is just about the hardest role to fill.
    He can't help Darcy being an absolute freak of nature who is well ahead in development.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Lobb isn't a bust for mine, forward/ruck is just about the hardest role to fill.
    He can't help Darcy being an absolute freak of nature who is well ahead in development.
    I think he's a bust to this point because he just hasn't found a consistent home. I have no doubts on his ability, but if we continue to get nothing from him then it's a bust.

Give him a home and let him stay there. That's the only real way we'll know.

Post Thanks / Like

If you believe the media reports (vomit) we are 65/35 in keeping English.

If we miss finals, does it swing towards English wanting out?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If you believe the media reports (vomit) we are 65/35 in keeping English.

If we miss finals, does it swing towards English wanting out?
    I think the list management committee know they have few options if we miss finals and several older players are shot. How do they intend to bring in top talent to replace Macrae, Daniel, Smith, maybe English &/or Lobb without the first round compo from letting Tim go?

They’ve been operating on this list being top 4, but at some point when reality kicks in, and they accept it. Tim is the obvious way to get back into the draft.

So yep, if this season doesn’t turn around fast, assuming we sign Marra, then Tim has to be a rolling discussion.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023