• 1.3 million p.a

1 1.85%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 5.56%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

I am very happy with English, his actual ruck work might not be in the top 5-10 but his around the ground game is exceptional, not often you see a bloke his size run and bounce as often as he does , his tank is great , you will see him kick goals and drop back and take marks in defence.
    I’m a fan of Lobb doing the centre bounce, he has more body work in him.
    English is more a roaming ruck standing one kick away from play to intercept or kick a goal.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to keep him on a fair price. But $1M for set shot misses like tonight and getting out marked by Aish and man handled ain’t a $1M man.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes EasternWest, macca, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We can’t tank the old fashioned way. The only way we get a top 10 pick this year is FA compo for Tim. Currently Pick 9.

I think it’s a genuine question now. Do we delay talks because another million dollar salary or a top 10 pick is worthy of debate.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bank the cash and take the pick.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We can’t tank the old fashioned way. The only way we get a top 10 pick this year is FA compo for Tim. Currently Pick 9.

I think it’s a genuine question now. Do we delay talks because another million dollar salary or a top 10 pick is worthy of debate.
    Is it basically Croft costing us whatever this year's pick is?

So could be a top 10....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Is it basically Croft costing us whatever this year's pick is?

So could be a top 10....
    More so the Pick 13 and currently Pick 8 for Sanders.

The pick 23 is effectively Croft, Freijah & 50 this year.

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If he wants 1m let him go.

My order of signings was always JUH, English then Smith.

I think Smith is more important now.

Ive honestly had enough of Enlgish. He only wants to do so much. He's a great talent but he's holding himself back for some reason. We need to get rid of all these types so we can become a competitive machine again ala 2016

Post Thanks / Like

What rubbish. Not sure a player who had 23 disposals, 7 marks, 6 tackles is a problem? Yes he should have nailed two more goals, but so should others like Bont 5 metres out.

I don't get the hatred for this player and the angst about what the club will pay him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What rubbish. Not sure a player who had 23 disposals, 7 marks, 6 tackles is a problem? Yes he should have nailed two more goals, but so should others like Bont 5 metres out.

I don't get the hatred for this player and the angst about what the club will pay him.
    What's not to get? He's not worth what he reportedly wants.

I'm with you I thought he was pretty good tonight, but for a million dollars ruckman I want all of what Tim does well plus a really really good ruckman too.
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone hates him. People hate, including me, the price we're going to pay to keep him. Moneyball the ruck, let him walk and take the compensation/trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    What's not to get? He's not worth what he reportedly wants.

I'm with you I thought he was pretty good tonight, but for a million dollars ruckman I want all of what Tim does well plus a really really good ruckman too.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't think anyone hates him. People hate, including me, the price we're going to pay to keep him. Moneyball the ruck, let him walk and take the compensation/trade.
    I actually don't get why people worry about a players salary, I certainly don't care. What I care about is whether he is good enough to play the role.

English is worth what the market wants to pay him. The market dictates a players worth.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    If he wants 1m let him go.

My order of signings was always JUH, English then Smith.

I think Smith is more important now.

Ive honestly had enough of Enlgish. He only wants to do so much. He's a great talent but he's holding himself back for some reason. We need to get rid of all these types so we can become a competitive machine again ala 2016
    I thought he was ok tonight. That Aish mark though...cant unsee that.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't get why people worry about a players salary, I certainly don't care. What I care about is whether he is good enough to play the role.

English is worth what the market wants to pay him. The market dictates a players worth.
    If there was no salary cap, sure. Lose Marra or Darcy down the track to a monster offer and that extra million bucks to Tim looks a little different than just another salary.

19. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If there was no salary cap, sure. Lose Marra or Darcy down the track to a monster offer and that extra million bucks to Tim looks a little different than just another salary.
    that's where a smart List manager comes in

Post Thanks / Like

He’s not having a great season.