Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victorian rival enters the race for Ugle-Hagan's signature

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I doubt there is a team that hasn't inquired about his interests in leaving us but perhaps the Hawks have been the most persistent.
    For what it's worth the body language and the way he connects with players at the training sessions and match days etc would indicate he's very content at the Kennel. He also seems to have a real bond with Naughton.

It's always difficult to predict what players might do but the signs look positive about him staying.
    Wise of the club to sign Naughty long term.

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CoNtEnT
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

4. Likes bornadog, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way I can mute contract talk from all aspects of my life until October?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

6. Likes Happy Days, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Is there a way I can mute contract talk from all aspects of my life until October?
    Borrow Gvg's tent and go live in the remote Tasmanian wilderness?

Post Thanks / Like

Who determines that Hawthorn are 'in the race' for Marra? Anyone can nominate themselves for a race...doesn't mean they'll finish on the podium.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Who determines that Hawthorn are 'in the race' for Marra? Anyone can nominate themselves for a race...doesn't mean they'll finish on the podium.
    Nomination doesn't even get you in the race.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Were you ROCKED by this SHOCKING update that left other fans REELING?
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

11. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This screams of an agent planted story to try and squeeze a little more out of us
    Last edited by kickit2Koly; 08-03-2024 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Clickbait Clickbait Clickbait

Players come and players go. Yep will be p*ssed and will reserve the right to boo him if it transpires, but I am more concerned with him being that vital cog in our tilt for a flag this year. God I would love if we made the GF and played Brissy and beat them......

14. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is almost the natural logical and depressing evo-(devo?)-lutionary consequence of the disruption digital media 'robber barons' have wrought upon the established hegemonic print, music and television industries. They've totally bypassed old media's long established and enforced principles, structures, strictures of how media was 'meant to work' and have surfed the speedy wave with which social norms and consumer preferences for media consumption changed once digital media started to emerge and evolve.

It's not a good thing either. And that's not at all to praise the previous structures at all. But the 'eyes on screen' motivation of digital media providers is a horrific outcome for us all. It leads to click bait, lies, hyperbole and being loudest and first and shocking....it wedges...and in turn keeps angry outraged, shocked, titillated consumers on the screen...which is the $$$ payoff for the media in selling advertising.

Sorry I've derailed this discussion with an 'old man yells at cloud' style rant about the ills of the digital media
    Last edited by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot; 08-03-2024 at 03:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    This is almost the natural logical and depressing evo-(devo?)-lutionary consequence of the disruption digital media 'robber barons' have wrought upon the established hegemonic print, music and television industries. They've totally bypassed old media's long established and enforced principles, structures, strictures of how media was 'meant to work' and have surfed the speedy wave with which social norms and consumer preferences for media consumption changed once digital media started to emerge and evolve.

It's not a good thing either. And that's not at all to praise the previous structures at all. But the 'eyes on screen' motivation of digital media providers is a horrific outcome for us all. It leads to click bait, lies, hyperbole and being loudest and first and shocking....it wedges...and in turn keeps angry outraged, shocked, titillated consumers on the screen...which is the $$$ payoff for the media in selling advertising.

Sorry I've derailed this discussion with an old man yells and cloud style rant about the ills of the digital media
    Very astute observations YHF.

The only thing i see balancing the equation to a degree is citizen reporting for want of a better term.

Social media has at the very least broken the control of the hegemony as youve described it to a degree, IF you know where to look.

Sadly though i think people still like being fed their daily dose of cultivated bad news at 6pm each night.

17. Likes Sedat, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Very astute observations YHF.

The only thing i see balancing the equation to a degree is citizen reporting for want of a better term.

Social media has at the very least broken the control of the hegemony as youve described it to a degree, IF you know where to look.

Sadly though i think people still like being fed their daily dose of cultivated bad news at 6pm each night
    Social media feeds into this even harder. Whether it's Twitter or something like Neighbourhood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

Sorry I've derailed this discussion with an 'old man yells at cloud' style rant about the ills of the digital media
    Completely off thread topic but a wider view on the digital world we?re trapped in and how we got here. Happy to delete if I?ve gone too rogue.

https://disconnect.blog/the-digital-...on-has-failed/
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

20. Thanks chef, jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Completely off thread topic but a wider view on the digital world we?re trapped in and how we got here. Happy to delete if I?ve gone too rogue.

https://disconnect.blog/the-digital-...on-has-failed/
    No such thing. Rogue out.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    No such thing. Rogue out.
    Tim English is an intimidating physical beast.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me