Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 1, 2024 vs Melbourne Demons

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Nothing beats experience ., champions on the training track and nothing in the heat.
    The Macrae defence blown out the window with Oliver’s game.
    Yes. You could Bevo knows deep down he backed people, they let him down. He made the wrong call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The end of the first qtr and the first half of the second qtr.
    Same here that period killed the game and we were just chasing our tails after that.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

When the afl drew us to play Melbourne again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    McNeil fumble which then led to the Salem two contested hard balls in a row, where he was harder than VDM and Caleb. He wanted it more. It happened right in front of me. Which led to the Trac goal and four goals down. That was the game.
    What about Libba deciding not to go with Petracca on that very play? Or the time when we were a couple up in the first and as the CB contest was clearly looking negative for us, unlikely to be levelled, he went offensive and they just ran it out?

I love Libba but he gets a free pass too much of the time. He needs to read the game better and apply his effort accordingly at times.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1st quarter when Viney just ran through the middle and kicked a goal, that was the minute I said nothings changed.
    See above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Our selectors gifted Melbourne the 4 points by selecting McNeill and Vandermeer
    Selectors should be dropped when they make bad selections.
    Who pushed for McNeil and Vandermeer ?
    Who dropped Macrae and Daniel to sub ?
    In the presser, Bevo basically said that the Macrae was not in the team due to interupted preseason and he isn't covering the ground as well has he normally does. He needs to build up his running ability.

He said Caleb, was out of the team as a few players went past him due to big summers. He did add those players lowered their colours today and had poor days.
    Nothing beats experience ., champions on the training track and nothing in the heat.
    The Macrae defence blown out the window with Oliver?s game.
    Can we make our minds up whether we want players selected on reputation, or effort/ demonstrated form? McNeil and Khamis deserved to play, they don't need to next week. VDM has always played and it confounds me at times but he wasn't our worst today.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Can we make our minds up whether we want players selected on reputation, or effort/ demonstrated form? McNeil and Khamis deserved to play, they don't need to next week. VDM has always played and it confounds me at times but he wasn't our worst today.
    Form in practice matches doesn’t mean they deserved to play especially ahead of Daniel or Macrae

10. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Form in practice matches doesn’t mean they deserved to play especially ahead of Daniel or Macrae
    Praise the lord! I agree, I've been on that wagon for a fortnight.

But others want reputations to have minimal impact on selection. Until it goes to shit.

I said in the Gags thread that I thought we went for style over substance, and what I meant by that is we figured perceived pace and run as a style was better than steady hands, reputation to date. Some didn't think that was OK in principle and that's OK. But what's the point in being quick if you can't handle the footy, kick or think on a footy field?

Gags was fine today as a debut, he did some really good things and a couple of really shit things like every debutant does. He wasn't really the sole target of what I was suggesting anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Viney?s goal in the first. We were toast at that point.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

13. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Viney?s goal in the first. We were toast at that point.
    mmmm yes, it gave off a lot of 3rd quarter 2021 Grand Final vibes didn't it ... way to easy out the front of the stoppage

Post Thanks / Like

What about Libba deciding not to go with Petracca on that very play? Or the time when we were a couple up in the first and as the CB contest was clearly looking negative for us, unlikely to be levelled, he went offensive and they just ran it out?

I love Libba but he gets a free pass too much of the time. He needs to read the game better and apply his effort accordingly at times.
    Libba was poor on a few occasions in that respect. Tossed to the wrong side of the contest and gave up on the chase.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

16. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was dissapointed with Libba today. Got a fair bit of it however his defensive efforts were poor.

18. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I was dissapointed with Libba today. Got a fair bit of it however his defensive efforts were poor.
    Only one tackle from someone who normally sets the standard when it comes to this was disspapointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Only one tackle from someone who normally sets the standard when it comes to this was disspapointing.
    How can you play inside all day and have one tackle, when sometimes you get ten and average over five a game?

Post Thanks / Like

How can you play inside all day and have one tackle, when sometimes you get ten and average over five a game?
    It wasn?t a tight contested game and Melbourne played the short kicking game well maintaining safe possession, but still it is mind boggling. Treloar also only had one tackle and he averaged over five per game last season.