Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  245
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Why would Holmes leave Geelong for us ?
    They are looking good and he has the beach lifestyle.
    Extremely hard to get players out of Geelong unless they aren?t getting a game.
    Maybe he loves Banh-mi. I'd trade the beach for Nhu Lan.

Holmes is a great fit. I'm sceptical we'd get him, but love the play.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

2. Likes chef, Sedat, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don’t know. I don’t even know how tall he is………….
    Does he have a basketball background?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Holmes for Baz would be a straight swap. Maybe lacks Baz's inside game, but matches him for speed and easily covers him for skills.

He's an absolute gun. If we are confident that Baz is leaving then this is exactly the sort of play we should be making.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Holmes for Baz would be a straight swap. Maybe lacks Baz's inside game, but matches him for speed and easily covers him for skills.

He's an absolute gun. If we are confident that Baz is leaving then this is exactly the sort of play we should be making.
    He, Bont and Sanders would be a nice starting trio. Almost a straight swap with Libba and Treloar (same could be said of Baz if we keep him though)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Maybe he loves Banh-mi. I'd trade the beach for Nhu Lan.

Holmes is a great fit. I'm sceptical we'd get him, but love the play.
    Same if true. Holmes is no Brodie Moles/Tim Callan/Nathan Djerkurra - they would be desperate to keep him. If they are wooing Bailey Smith with the promise of an ethically sourced co-branded loungewear collaboration with Cotton On, let's drive the Max Holmes price up to every last dollar and screw their cap. Hell, he's a dynamic player with athletic gifts that the modern game absolutely prizes and we are in short supply of, so he'd be worth a big contract (injuries permitting of course, which he has had a fair share of hamstrings/soft tissues).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

8. Thanks Doc26 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Same if true. Holmes is no Brodie Moles/Tim Callan/Nathan Djerkurra - they would be desperate to keep him. If they are wooing Bailey Smith with the promise of an ethically sourced co-branded loungewear collaboration with Cotton On, let's drive the Max Holmes price up to every last dollar and screw their cap. Hell, he's a dynamic player with athletic gifts that the modern game absolutely prizes, so he'd be worth a big contract - injuries permitting of course, which he has had a fair share of hamstrings/soft tissues.
    Like the cap on the property market in Geelong?

Post Thanks / Like

Money. Reports are Holmes and the Cats aren't quite on the same page money wise.

Holmes after $700k-$800k with triggers, Geelong's initial offer was understandably something less.

It's not surprising that us and other clubs will be sniffing around and possibly willing to offer a greater amount to get his attention.

You suspect Geelong will pony up in the end though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Money. Reports are Holmes and the Cats aren't quite on the same page money wise.

Holmes after $700k-$800k with triggers, Geelong's initial offer was understandably something less.

It's not surprising that us and other clubs will be sniffing around and possibly willing to offer a greater amount to get his attention.

You suspect Geelong will pony up in the end though.
    Maybe the triggers are he grows his hair, gets it peroxided blonde and starts wearing a headband
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes Mantis, Happy Days, Rocket Science, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn’t it be great to have Holmes , Sanders, Bont, English, smith and Libba for a couple of years playing together.
    We trade off Treloar, Daniel and Lobb.
    Not saying the trade off players are bad just an age thing.
    It’s a big dream but it would be awesome.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn’t it be great to have Holmes , Sanders, Bont, English, smith and Libba for a couple of years playing together.
    We trade off Treloar, Daniel and Lobb.
    Not saying the trade off players are bad just an age thing.
    It’s a big dream but it would be awesome.
    Treloar won?t be traded, he will finish his career at the Dogs, you?ll probably start seeing 1 year contracts like Libba after his current one is up, that I would put hard money on.

Lobb could very well end up at either Melbourne or StK sooner then later. I really hope CD is just in a form slump and he can get back to his best soon, would hate to see him in another jumper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Maybe the triggers are he grows his hair, gets it peroxided blonde and starts wearing a headband
    Watching them congregate post-game I reckon I spied about eight of these bots that all look like they fell out of the same 13th Beach sewage pipe.

Digressing, surely Holmes is treading the well-worn path of using us as leverage to fatten his next contract.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes Sedat, Bulldog Joe, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Directly from a player manager friend that I know:
    Dogs have a 5 year-850ish contract in front of English
    JUH looking at 2 to 4 years, unsure on money
    Dogs have offered a monster 6 year / 900ish contract to Max Holmes
    Dogs interested in Nik Cox from Essendon

Significant interest from other clubs in Macca, Caleb and Lobb - Don't be surprised if one of them is used as a salary dump end of season, lots to play out before then.

BigFooty:
    Phoenix Spicer will be on our list come the MSD
    Lobb the ultimate journeyman going from club to club? Yeah Darcy has now caught up and especially if Timmy re-signs it could be a win-win for us and a Dees or Saints.

JUH just sign that dotted line!

Max Holmes, interesting and off course a deal involving Baz would be ideal if he in fact has his eyes on another club then why not? But, Geelong would want to hold onto him with their life, Max is a young gun and would certainly be part of their future plans, would be a great fit at our club but can't see them letting him go.

Nik Cox? eeew, just looks lanky and unco and always injured, one of Dodo's top 10 picks along with Perkins a few years back, i dunno, maybe a punt with a 4th round pick? Obviously, Power and co see something in him.

Phoenix Spicer, awesome name but "apparently" the word is that he's as soft as butter which is why North delisted him, but i did watch our latest VFL game and thought he looked ok, quick and probably did more than Arty and McNeal as that smaller forward, pressured well but i'm sure we'll all be taking a lot more interest now as a possible MSD selection, one to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

And a nice seaside 4 bedroom villa courtesy of the club.

Post Thanks / Like

I think many clubs are looking at Holmes, the show gettable named 3 clubs who weren’t us. I wouldn’t rule it out but it’s doubtful he chooses us

Post Thanks / Like

I think Lobb has another year on big money, if he leaves it will be for peanuts. Same with Macrae