Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  245
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    I think Lobb has another year on big money, if he leaves it will be for peanuts. Same with Macrae
    Lobb is only on $500k per year, and yes another year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes azabob, Virgin-Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Lobb is only on $500k per year, and yes another year
    Can never get rid of that perception that he's on huge coin.

Realistically he's about as good and as cheap coverage as we could hope for in 2 important positions (one of which we have very little depth in).

From a list management perspective it'd be sad to see them go but Daniel and Macrae would probably be higher priority candidates if we're looking to get rid of salary

Post Thanks / Like

500K is huge coin for a vfl player

Post Thanks / Like

500K is huge coin for a vfl player
    I've been reliably informed in discussions on here with regards to English's contract that a decent backup ruck is still on very decent coin. And it's cheaper than what we paid Macrae to play VFL too.

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Braden Ingram

"Errol Gulden has told Fox Footy he had an offer of a ten year deal from a rival club before re-signing with Sydney.

I understand that club was Adelaide."

Post Thanks / Like

These contract lenghts and offers from rival teams to lure top end talent are getting ridiculous!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I've been reliably informed in discussions on here with regards to English's contract that a decent backup ruck is still on very decent coin. And it's cheaper than what we paid Macrae to play VFL too.
    ? Not sure what you trying to say here?
    Lobb was recruited as forward ruck but is now mainly playing as a vfl ruck. If we wanted a backup ruck, there are always cheap and reasonable options like Naismith, goldsmith , etc I highly doubt Sweet is on 500K too.
    Not arguing Macrae is on big coin, slightly different as he still playing firsts.
    As I wrote already, we won’t be getting much for either if traded.

Post Thanks / Like

? Not sure what you trying to say here?
    Lobb was recruited as forward ruck but is now mainly playing as a vfl ruck. If we wanted a backup ruck, there are always cheap and reasonable options like Naismith, goldsmith , etc I highly doubt Sweet is on 500K too.
    Not arguing Macrae is on big coin, slightly different as he still playing firsts.
    As I wrote already, we won?t be getting much for either if traded.
    Do you start with question marks on purpose? Is this a cultural thing?

Anyway,
    https://www.afl.com.au/news/1075799/...ealed-for-2023
    it was revealed the average salary of an AFL-listed player in the 2023 season was $441,464, up from $406,105 the previous year.
    Lobb is on barely above average. Rucks are hard to come by and ones that can actually play are even harder to find (hence why BTC is still on the St.Kilda list). I don't know what kind of salary Sweet has (I'm just going by discussions held here previously with regards to English's salary) but do you think a decent backup like him (arguably still worse than Lobb) is on a lot less? Given he was recruited to another team do you think he's on 400k? 300? 200?

What I'm saying is

1. You're wrong about him being on 'big coin'
    2. He's very good depth in a position where we have no depth
    3. We'd get more benefit from removing the larger salaries of Macrae or Daniel who are looking fringe best 22 at best and play in positions where we do have depth.

Also Macrae has played 1.25 games of AFL this year. He's more VFL player than AFL as of this moment if we want to try and be picky about him 'currently playing firsts'.

Lastly who is Goldsmith? Do you mean Goldstein? Because I doubt he's on super low pay either and doubt he'd have moved to be a VFL player.

11. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    These contract lenghts and offers from rival teams to lure top end talent are getting ridiculous!!!!!!!
    Its the only real way to differentiate to pry a player away from a club. Most clubs will offer similar coin. Its tenure as an AFL player that matters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Directly from a player manager friend that I know:
    Dogs have a 5 year-850ish contract in front of English
    JUH looking at 2 to 4 years, unsure on money
    Dogs have offered a monster 6 year / 900ish contract to Max Holmes
    Dogs interested in Nik Cox from Essendon

Significant interest from other clubs in Macca, Caleb and Lobb - Don't be surprised if one of them is used as a salary dump end of season, lots to play out before then.

BigFooty:
    Phoenix Spicer will be on our list come the MSD
    Reasonable price for English. I have my concerns over the viability of sticking with him as number 1 ruck, but I can definitely see huge potential in a pairing of Darcy/English long term, provided the former is the one taking the bulk of the ruck load.

Massive yes to Holmes, would be ecstatic if we pull that off.

Yuck to Cox, always thought he was badly overrated at Essendon, though I can see some potential IF he came dirt cheap (i.e. close to free), which is probably unlikely

I see merit in one of Macrae or CD going. I struggle to see how we fit both in the side within the new system, unless Macrae finds himself a new role. Wouldn't want either to be used as a cap dump though given what that means for the likely compensation.

Rather keep Lobb on $500k. We have no ruck depth if he goes, and would probably pay more than that to poach one from another club.

Spicer looks good so far. Still on the fence with recruiting him given how unimpressive he was at North, but his efforts with Footscray already look like career-best form for him. Could be exciting to see him in the 1s later this year

Post Thanks / Like

Cox is apparently quite tall and mobile from what I can gather (forgive me, nobody in the media has ever stated him as such), so I reckon he may have a bit of development in him at 22.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Cox is apparently quite tall and mobile from what I can gather (forgive me, nobody in the media has ever stated him as such), so I reckon he may have a bit of development in him at 22.
    I've always been curious how tall Peter Wright is too.
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I've always been curious how tall Peter Wright is too.
    OMG! You duffa, it's in his name!

Massive Arsehat Peter Wright who Plays on the Edge! I'd have gone with Two Metre Peter but I'm a simpleton.......

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin-Dog View Post
    Reasonable price for English. I have my concerns over the viability of sticking with him as number 1 ruck, but I can definitely see huge potential in a pairing of Darcy/English long term, provided the former is the one taking the bulk of the ruck load.

Massive yes to Holmes, would be ecstatic if we pull that off.

Yuck to Cox, always thought he was badly overrated at Essendon, though I can see some potential IF he came dirt cheap (i.e. close to free), which is probably unlikely

I see merit in one of Macrae or CD going. I struggle to see how we fit both in the side within the new system, unless Macrae finds himself a new role. Wouldn't want either to be used as a cap dump though given what that means for the likely compensation.

Rather keep Lobb on $500k. We have no ruck depth if he goes, and would probably pay more than that to poach one from another club.

Spicer looks good so far. Still on the fence with recruiting him given how unimpressive he was at North, but his efforts with Footscray already look like career-best form for him. Could be exciting to see him in the 1s later this year
    Hey have a bit of sympathy for Cox, Essendon couldnt develop bread into toast.
    Haven’t seen a champion come out of that club in 20 years
    Bring back the biff

20. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Hey have a bit of sympathy for Cox, Essendon couldnt develop bread into toast.
    Haven’t seen a champion come out of that club in 20 years
    That's only because they spent their toaster money on soft floor tech.