Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 Autopsy - Dees vs Dogs

Hmm I'm not sure Sanders was cooked. He's one of our better runners

Post Thanks / Like

I can handle losing, but what I can't handle - is turning up to Melbourne in the exact same way we do every single time and expecting the result to be different.

Ruck - English was shown the blueprint to beating/competing with Gawn last week with the way Grundy positioned himself. Both English and coaches obviously ignored.

Mid - Every time we play Melbourne Oliver and Petracca run riot. Oh yes, we don't tag.

Forward - Every time we play Melbourne (or any time he has to play on one of the best) Naughton is a witches hat. Melbourne always trap us along the wings, you reckon Naughton could ever lead up or provided a contest? Geez we had a real chance last year with Sydney offering him $12m.

Defence - undersized. Made Brown look terrific. Buku tried to play tall and he is athletic - but he's 4-5 inches shorter than most tall forwards.

3. Likes GVGjr, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On a positive Jamarras goal celebrations suggests he's staying.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree w your suggested changes. If Dale is actually fit then leave him down back and he?ll be better for another run at it.

I?d like to see naughton moved back and Darcy brought into the forward line and Lobb put on a flight back to Perth.

If naughton doesn?t go back - which he won?t - then I want him up high in the centre square taking that mark that always eludes us 80-90m out from goal. Run a key defender out of the F50, bring him and keep him in the game for a full 4 quarters and control the tempo in the part of the ground I thought we largely lost the game yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

For god's sake, bring Caleb and Macrae back asap.

8. Likes Jeanette54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    On a positive Jamarras goal celebrations suggests he's staying.
    Also felt his misses were close ones. Cannot recall a bad goal spray (out on full) which he did a lot last year. Hoping the accuracy improvement continues and more of those points are converted to goals.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great thread Dexter.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I?m going to be unpopular here but I thought Sanders looked like he was just going through the motions, didn?t seem to have any urgency and strolled a lot.
    Yes it was his first game I understand it all but I also understand him being subbed off.
    That last kick of his was atrocious, he had time he had space but just slammed it down a Melbourne players throat.
    MC Neill was horrid but he kept up the urgency and was in a lot.
    Rather a player getting in the heat than strolling around.
    I don't thnk he lacked urgency, I think he was surprised byt he speed and intensity. For a guy who has a high kick to handball ratio, his most effective stat's yesterday were handballs, because he struggled to find the space to kick.

Subbing him was the right decision! He will be a star, but needs time to adjust.

12. Likes Curly5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Also felt his misses were close ones. Cannot recall a bad goal spray (out on full) which he did a lot last year. Hoping the accuracy improvement continues and more of those points are converted to goals.
    He comfortably made the distance from a 55m set shot as well, which was an improvement (even though he missed to the right).

Post Thanks / Like

Turning point for me was English collision, we were a different team from that point. Gawn took over, he was allowed to control the ball drop & distributed the ball with ease. Grundy didn't allow that last week. The other concerning thing for me was our willingness to guard a piece of real estate and not adjust to prevent easy hit up kicks in general play. If that's our new defensive style. Expect to have record uncontested marks against us. Thought Melbourne were able to chip the ball around with ease. No pressure on the kicker or receiver. Would rather see a ball kicked along the ground into our F50 than the high balls we delivered into F50. Oliver pushed back and mopped up everything. we looked slow

15. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Can Bar View Post
    Turning point for me was English collision, we were a different team from that point. Gawn took over, he was allowed to control the ball drop & distributed the ball with ease. Grundy didn't allow that last week. The other concerning thing for me was our willingness to guard a piece of real estate and not adjust to prevent easy hit up kicks in general play. If that's our new defensive style. Expect to have record uncontested marks against us. Thought Melbourne were able to chip the ball around with ease. No pressure on the kicker or receiver. Would rather see a ball kicked along the ground into our F50 than the high balls we delivered into F50. Oliver pushed back and mopped up everything. we looked slow
    Nice pick ups. Noticed the guarding territory aspect rather than going more to the contest and ball at times which I haven't seen at training.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"