Re: Footy Sucks when we suck.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    AFL are ruining the game
    That's also why we have the Monday Soapbox
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes bornadog, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I find interesting is how many people out there are willing to allow it make them miserable, with the only thing that can turn that misery into something half positive is all but dominating an 18 team competition (that's without even considering the inequities within that competition to begin with). Even when we do all but dominate that 18 team competition people allow the lack or recognition we receive to make them miserable anyway!

Turn off the TV, turn off the radio, don't read the papers and don't read the socials if us losing and the scrutiny it brings delivers no joy and makes life a misery.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm searching for someone who can make sense of it.
    The loss on the weekend isn't hard to make sense of though. The review must have taken 11.2 seconds.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What I find interesting is how many people out there are willing to allow it make them miserable, with the only thing that can turn that misery into something half positive is all but dominating an 18 team competition (that's without even considering the inequities within that competition to begin with). Even when we do all but dominate that 18 team competition people allow the lack or recognition we receive to make them miserable anyway!

Turn off the TV, turn off the radio, don't read the papers and don't read the socials if us losing and the scrutiny it brings delivers no joy and makes life a misery.
    Isn't that what most on here are saying? They no longer consume any sort of afl media?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The loss on the weekend isn't hard to make sense of though. The review must have taken 11.2 seconds.
    Why even review it? Just pretend it didn't happen is the go I've heard

8. Likes azabob, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Isn't that what most on here are saying? They no longer consume any sort of afl media?
    Not just here, referring to basically anywhere.

10. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    It's stating the obvious, but I hate footy when we play bad.

I don't want to watch/listen to any of the post game stuff because I just don't want to hear the negativity...as for the pre-game predictions, well, I don't want to hear all the ways it's gonna break down (again).

Why was I looking forward to this again?
    It actually gets me down when YOU talk like this.

Like the bulk of us are irrational know nothings that shoot from the hip. But you actually know what you're talking about and you're usually a voice of calm and temperance.

If you think we're doomed then we're doomed.
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    It actually gets me down when YOU talk like this.

Like the bulk of us are irrational know nothings that shoot from the hip. But you actually know what you're talking about and you're usually a voice of calm and temperance.

If you think we're doomed then we're doomed.
    It's all over everyone we don't have a prayer!!!!!

reverendlovejoy.gif

14. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's all over everyone we don't have a prayer!!!!!

reverendlovejoy.gif

16. Likes EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This week definitely hit a bit differently. Harder. I’ve avoided the footy media all week. I’ll watch the prime time matches on the weekend, and ours, but I’m expecting that we’ll lose. It feels inevitable.

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I blame The Bulldogs Bite for making everything buy into round one being the most important round one ever!

20. Likes chef, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You have an unusual definition of spanked. We lost to Gold Coast by 7 points in Darwin last year despite having more scoring shots. Our only 2 losses in the past 5 seasons (8 games) at Ballarat have been by 5 points and 1 point. If those are spankings what was Sunday?
    Sunday was just extremely disappointing, any loss we have in a game i think we should win is a spanking to me, well more so the GWS game i guess, we were in total control in that game and again another one of those where we fall asleep and let a team get a run on and beat us, not by a big margin in the end but was still a spanking the way the game panned out.

Post Thanks / Like

I blame The Bulldogs Bite for making everything buy into round one being the most important round one ever!
    I really wish you just bumped the thread and watch woof burn down.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

23. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I really wish you just bumped the thread and watch woof burn down.
    Some of us love WOOF Aza.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess when you've been a passionate supporter for so long like all of us here, you build up hope and expectations because of the talk from other supporters, from media, from the club, the more passionate about the you are the more it hurts i guess, we see other clubs have sustained success like Geelong and Sydney, Collingwood never stay down too long so why not us? with us thankfully we all witnessed the ultimate success after the heartbreak of many Prelim losses ('85 and '97 burnt for many years) and reaching another GF, but 100 years and two flags to show for it is, you know, crap!

For once i'd love our club to be the best in the comp, we have never been the best, yeah 2 flags and that's great but never finished on top, and we don't have to dominate every club and every game (would be nice to) but we get good, but we also drop just as fast.

Funny thing is, in Bevo's time, its our most sustained successful time in the competition yet look how much he cops, which i understand because we just have to be better than what we are.

26. Likes EasternWest liked this post