Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 3 vs West Coast Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who is the sub? Maybe Poulter
    Baker starts, yes Poulters run could be useful late

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He has been rotated through wing in the past.
    ...successfully?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Baker starts, yes Poulters run could be useful late
    Does Poulter keep his spot?

Post Thanks / Like

This should be plastered on every wall in the club this week as a reminder:- "Sun Aug 20 Western Bulldogs 12.13 (85) def. by West Coast 14.8 (92) 1:10pm Marvel Stadium

5. Likes angelopetraglia, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After an eight goal win against (equal) ladder leaders and a team touted to play finals this year, you wouldn’t expect lots of changes. In saying that two changes have to happen with injury and concussion (Coff and Ed). I think both Harmes and Macrae come into the team as well, meaning four changes.

So … Out Richards, Coffield, Poulter, Sanders (give him a week or two off I don’t want him burning out) I'd prefer VDM but it ain’t gunna happen.
    In … Macrae, Harmes, Cleary and JOD (if he doesn’t get up, Gallagher)
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

We thought this last year and they gave us a nice little touch up. This is a danger game for us as our heads could still be in the clouds. Bulldogs are not yet trustworthy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    In's Duryea - O'Donnell - Macrae - Baker
    Outs - Richards - Coffield - Poulter - Vandermeer

I was seated right neat the interchange and you certainly gain a different perspective listening to the discussions and seeing the medicos working on the players when they come off.

Our backline wasn't well organised today. For a good 5 minutes or more the bench was wanting Sando to come off and the ball was sort of caught in GC forward flank. As much as they yelled and held up the sign our backline should have barked out to Sanders to work his way too the bench.

This is one of the reasons why I think we need to bring in Duryea to cover the very likely loss of Richards.

JOD to replace Coffield makes a lot of sense. He clears his concussion protocols on Thursday and will no doubt do a full session on Friday to confirm his availability

Poulter didn't make a lot of impact but did push back in the 4th quarter to disrupt GC from getting a goal. Macrae can come in to lighten the workload of our main 4 mids and to ensure we don't run Sanders into the ground after his sterling effort today.

Baker shot the lights out today and deserves to start on the wing and I have some doubts if Vandermeer will be hampered for a week with his knee.

Harmes plays at Footscray for a week.
    Good point you make about bringing in Duryea. A lot of people don't realise the role he has down back as "the General". The guys rely on him for his voice as to when to go and when not to. He is part of the Leadership Group for a reason and when he is not playing as was the case at the end of last year the defenders lose their way. Guys like Buku and JOD learn so much of him. Watch him during a game he is forever pointing and yelling at the guys down back. By all accounts will be quickly smapped up as a coach at years end.

Post Thanks / Like

Caleb Daniel

“It’s a challenging thing as an older player, but it’s great that there is so much depth,” Daniel said.

“When I came on I really wanted to have an impact. I just tried my guys out to do what I could for the team.

“I’m 100 per cent in on what the coaching staff is striving for and what we’re striving for as a team. The older guys have been put on notice a bit and the young guys are playing their role and playing good footy.”

10. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Outs: Coffield (inj) Richards (concussion) VDM (hopeless)

Ins:

Keath would have to be close to a recall. He's in good form at Footscray. He replaces Coffield. This would then enable Buku to play more as an interceptor. Williams can help in the back half as well.

Macrae, because he is a very good footballer

Garcia, has been outstanding at Footscray. His form should be rewarded.

This thing about VDM in the forward line has got to end. I'm sorry but he is probably the most ineffective small forward Ive ever seen in our jumper for the amount of opportunity he has been given. He just has no forward craft or instincts for goal. He is far better suited as a small defender or could possibly tried as a midfield tagger.

I think the calls for JOD's inclusion are a bit premature. He has had a lot of disruption recently. Think he needs a couple of weeks at Footscray to run into some form first.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

12. Likes azabob, bulldogtragic, Danjul, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Outs: Coffield (inj) Richards (concussion) VDM (hopeless)

Ins:

Keath would have to be close to a recall. He's in good form at Footscray. He replaces Coffield. This would then enable Buku to play more as an interceptor. Williams can help in the back half as well.

Macrae, because he is a very good footballer

Garcia, has been outstanding at Footscray. His form should be rewarded.

This thing about VDM in the forward line has got to end. I'm sorry but he is probably the most ineffective small forward Ive ever seen in our jumper for the amount of opportunity he has been given. He just has no forward craft or instincts for goal. He is far better suited as a small defender or could possibly tried as a midfield tagger.

I think the calls for JOD's inclusion are a bit premature. He has had a lot of disruption recently. Think he needs a couple of weeks at Footscray to run into some form first.
    I doubt the coaching staff judge VDM on his offensive output when he's primarily a defensive player.

I am swayed by giving JOD a week in the VFL first given he hasn't played a full game for a few weeks.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Caleb Daniel

“It’s a challenging thing as an older player, but it’s great that there is so much depth,” Daniel said.

“When I came on I really wanted to have an impact. I just tried my guys out to do what I could for the team.

“I’m 100 per cent in on what the coaching staff is striving for and what we’re striving for as a team. The older guys have been put on notice a bit and the young guys are playing their role and playing good footy.”
    Topped the distance covered by any player yesterday, so he's certainly earned his spot again.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I think i'd take a risk this week and rush JOD back into the side. I know given last years bed soiling against the eagles it might seem risky, but they only really have Darling and a young Maric as their key forwards, with Williams rotating through etc. If there's a team to play JOD into form coming back from an interrupted few weeks, it's the eagles. The sooner we can get him back into the team and up to AFL speed the better. I'm not sure the VFL is the place to do that for him.

16. Likes GVGjr, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Countrydog, if he trains well this week he should play. Keath is a good option as well but JOD should be ahead of him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Thanks Countrydog5 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countrydog5 View Post
    I think i'd take a risk this week and rush JOD back into the side. I know given last years bed soiling against the eagles it might seem risky, but they only really have Darling and a young Maric as their key forwards, with Williams rotating through etc. If there's a team to play JOD into form coming back from an interrupted few weeks, it's the eagles. The sooner we can get him back into the team and up to AFL speed the better. I'm not sure the VFL is the place to do that for him.
    Yep, considering we have Geelong the week after it's best to give him a run in the senior team as we will need an extra tall for Cameron & Hawkins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    This should be plastered on every wall in the club this week as a reminder:- "Sun Aug 20 Western Bulldogs 12.13 (85) def. by West Coast 14.8 (92) 1:10pm Marvel Stadium
    Why?

I'm sure they haven't forgotten. And I've never seen an approach under Bevo that is essentially discouraging IE: "You'd better not lose this week, like you did last year". He more of an optimistic guy. "We have the chance to go 2-1 and get our season rolling. Play with the fight, skill and commitment you did last weekend and we will beat these guys".