Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  63
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 3 vs West Coast Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    No way anyone could take Bevo seriously if he bought JOD straight back in after no pre-season games/fitness when all we've been hearing out of the club is ''only the fittest get picked'' - I'd suspect JOD will need to see at least 2 VFL games before being considered.

For me its pretty simple, considering WCE forward line, I'd move B. Williams back, Baker to Williams wing, and bring in Duryea to cover Richards.

Getting Macca' in is a bit harder, but if I had to pick it would be VDM out, I don't envy our selection committee this week.

Sub is up for picking, but I'd seriously consider Garcia.
    Isn't the extent of the injuries the deciding factor? Based on some of the reports shared here the likes of Macrae with hamstring missed a number of sessions and was on a bike whereas the Vandermeer with his concussion was able to avoid the contract drills but still do the work with running and maintaining his match readiness?
    Our medicos seem to be on the more conservative level with their approach and perhaps O'Donnell needs a week or two but I wouldn't be linking Bevo summer wish list over summer to if O'Donnell is picked or not.

Out - Richards, Coffield, Vandermeer and Poulter
    In - Cleary, Keath, Macrae and Baker
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

out Coffield, Richards
    in Baker, Harmes
    sub MacRae
    Garcia stiff but hope keeps it up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Isn't the extent of the injuries the deciding factor? Based on some of the reports shared here the likes of Macrae with hamstring missed a number of sessions and was on a bike whereas the Vandermeer with his concussion was able to avoid the contract drills but still do the work with running and maintaining his match readiness?
    Our medicos seem to be on the more conservative level with their approach and perhaps O'Donnell needs a week or two but I wouldn't be linking Bevo summer wish list over summer to if O'Donnell is picked or not.

Out - Richards, Coffield, Vandermeer and Poulter
    In - Cleary, Keath, Macrae and Baker
    Nevermind the fact that Jacko has had 12(?...I dunno) pre-seasons where as JOD has had 1. If either could come in off a bit of a layoff and not be "unfit" it's Jacko.

Also, nevermind the fact that one has been a multiple AA and the other has played a handful of OK games.

I'm not against JOD coming in, but I'm also not the one saying "fittest and most ready." JOD surely isn't ready to just walk in, so it would be quite the shift in policy.

4. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO Macrae must play, bring Jack back !
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Nevermind the fact that Jacko has had 12(?...I dunno) pre-seasons where as JOD has had 1. If either could come in off a bit of a layoff and not be "unfit" it's Jacko.

Also, nevermind the fact that one has been a multiple AA and the other has played a handful of OK games.

I'm not against JOD coming in, but I'm also not the one saying "fittest and most ready." JOD surely isn't ready to just walk in, so it would be quite the shift in policy.
    We need JOD to find form as Geelong is next.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I like the ins, but can Garcia play forward? Seems like his best form at Footscray comes through the middle, he gets shoehorned onto a forward flank at AFL level and struggles. I like Riley, but think if he makes it, he makes it as a mid.
    This is the challenge for the MC. It would be just like us to select him and play him as a small forward for a week or two then drop him if it doesn't work immediately. He needs to be played midfield. I think they'll pick Jack ahead of him for a midfield spot. If they pick Harmes ahead of Garcia that will be an injustice.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

The loss of Coffield makes it important that we bring in JOD at the earliest opportunity to meet the coming challenges of taller forward lines. His pre-season form was streets ahead of Alex Keath and concussion aside, he is super fit.

I'm thinking:
    Out: Richards Coffield Poulter
    In: JOD Macrae Garcia

Garcia as sub.

Were it up to me, I'd drop VDM for Harmes also as I don't not rate VDM in any way. But he has Beveridge's eye so for me, Harmes plays in the VFL.

10. Likes bornadog, Bullies, Pleather Sole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    The loss of Coffield makes it important that we bring in JOD at the earliest opportunity to meet the coming challenges of taller forward lines. His pre-season form was streets ahead of Alex Keath and concussion aside, he is super fit.

I'm thinking:
    Out: Richards Coffield Poulter
    In: JOD Macrae Garcia

Garcia as sub.

Were it up to me, I'd drop VDM for Harmes also as I don't not rate VDM in any way. But he has Beveridge's eye so for me, Harmes plays in the VFL.
    I would go the same.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If Garcia is ready and worthy I would play him ahead of MacRae. We need to get games into him.

Sadly, I wish we could include MacRae, but competition for spots is a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    I'd legit play VDM ahead of Harmes.
    We need a guy who is predominantly defensive which is what VDM is.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Coff and Ed out. I think there's not much of a reason to keep Doc on the list if he doesn't play this week. I'm another one pro playing JOD (if concussion is okay) perhaps a week earlier in preparation for the games coming up. Not like the options are great anyway.

I don't rate Vanders but if you are going to play him last week, I don't think you should drop him now (unless knee is an issue). He is there for defensive pressure it seems and was alright vs Suns. I'd not play him but I'd never play.

Poulter struggled and seems like Macrae will be back in.

Gags we are getting games into and I'd say his game was 'okay for a kid' level. Maybe sub and Baker starts?

I'd like to see Garcia in but don't think there's a spot for him unless someone doesn't pull up or we are a bit harsh with a selection call. Harmes might get that spot anyway if it opens up.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Coffield and Richards

In: JOD and Macrae

Baker to play and Poulter to be the sub.

Williams goes back with JOD to cover our injuries. Baker takes the wing rotations and we need to find a way to get Macrae time inside the contest. Not sure how we balance it, but we must.

Post Thanks / Like

Buku played well on the weekend and with Coff going down could be a blessing for him.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Out: Coffield and Richards

In: JOD and Macrae

Baker to play and Poulter to be the sub.

Williams goes back with JOD to cover our injuries. Baker takes the wing rotations and we need to find a way to get Macrae time inside the contest. Not sure how we balance it, but we must.
    Most likely changes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We need JOD to find form as Geelong is next.
    Same logic for Macrae imo