Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  43
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you have a non-negotiable for this week (R#2)??

I want to create more score from turnover which means a lot of the pressure related acts that we were awful at last week need to improve 10 fold. Watching how committed St Kilda were last night, MJP I know it isn't a stat mate but that is a group that is getting everything out of themselves and with 100% belief in the coach and his plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I want to create more score from turnover which means a lot of the pressure related acts that we were awful at last week need to improve 10 fold. Watching how committed St Kilda were last night, MJP I know it isn't a stat mate but that is a group that is getting everything out of themselves and with 100% belief in the coach and his plan.
    Given it's Ross, there will 100% be a stat and he will be triple checking it's right during the week by watching the vision himself.
    Standards.

What that stat is? I doubt you will find it in any Champion Data library....
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Given it's Ross, there will 100% be a stat and he will be triple checking it's right during the week by watching the vision himself.
    Standards.

What that stat is? I doubt you will find it in any Champion Data library....
    Ahh Ross the Boss I must say I'm still in shock at how bad we were last week, even if we win I cant trust this group until we beat a serious football side again. GC are a decent side no doubt about it and usually cause us problems but until we go toe to toe with a contender I will be holding my judgment.

Post Thanks / Like

How about we keep it really really easy.

Win the tackle count. Measurable and effort-based rather than ability based.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    For me, the players need a SIMPLE focus (such as we saw in R#3 against Brisbane last year in what was a pretty heroic performance by our skipper) that is based on defending.
    That match is the perfect example of what we should expect from the team each week. Just be super difficult to score against and make life miserable for the opposition to move the ball. That was a 10 goal to 7 game from memory - terrible for the neutrals but a really disciplined performance by us across the board (especially defending the whole ground when we didn't have the ball).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Ahh Ross the Boss I must say I'm still in shock at how bad we were last week, even if we win I cant trust this group until we beat a serious football side again. GC are a decent side no doubt about it and usually cause us problems but until we go toe to toe with a contender I will be holding my judgment.
    Going to take a heck of a lot more than 1 good result against a contender for me. I have 0 trust in this side to do anything with consistency week in and week out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    How about we keep it really really easy.

Win the tackle count. Measurable and effort-based rather than ability based.
    Yep. And to tackle someone they have to have the ball...I prefer pro-active measures to reactive measures. I don't mind including tackling as PART of a metric that includes contested ball wins and loose ball wins. The challenge is of course that it risks double counted because free kicks count as hard ball gets...

I agree it's a simple stat tho and is an easy metric for players to understand.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

We must show we are prepared to run defensively, especially the forwards. When their back men take off with the intention of creating a handball opportunity upfield then you must go with them. I know you think you are a forward and above gut running, but this is a non-negotiable. Don't let your team mates down.

Its also a big opportunity to get a turnover via a run down tackle.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we have a stat for frontal pressure/ closing down space.

That' might be something along the lines of the number of instances where opposition set ups and chains are disrupted/ stopped by the player rolling up/ across to close out space and apply pressure per quarter.

Looking at last week it would be easy enough to count the times it didn't happen, but a lot of that was because we didn't keep the ball ourselves. So possibly a ratio vs. the total set up/ chain attempts would be suitable as a measure.
    Last edited by jeemak; 24-03-2024 at 01:00 AM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see 3 thnngs:

1) manic pressure on the ball carrier;
    2) quick transition; and
    3) a more even spread of hard ball stats across the group.

12. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn’t the 4th phase the off season focus.

What’s a 4th phase stat? Distance covered during 4th phase?

14. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually not concerned at all. This is the fittest and strongest we've been and we as fans certainly shouldn't be asking any questions or have any doubts after our round one performance.

Full faith is what we should all show. Otherwise it's give up. There's nothing in between.
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'm actually not concerned at all. This is the fittest and strongest we've been and we as fans certainly shouldn't be asking any questions or have any doubts after our round one performance.

Full faith is what we should all show. Otherwise it's give up. There's nothing in between.
    I hereby 'consult' you to otherwise.

18. Likes jeemak, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Can I hope I?m wrong and be pleased with a win?

20. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Can I hope I?m wrong and be pleased with a win?
    By the way EW, I think I sensed some sarcasm.