Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  140
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 8 vs Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    West is 100% out. We have accepted the week.
    With Cody doubtful, think we have to see a Clarke debut then and probably gives Vandermeer a reprieve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Because some genius tried to be too cute at the trade table and traded our first rounder can we really afford to make the sort of changes that might risk us bottoming out?
    I think we have enough top end talent which will ensure we beat the teams below us, as we're doing, but we aren't getting a consistent performance across the board against the good teams and thus we can't beat them.

I'd be happy to finish 10th-12th and get games into the likes of Busslinger & Clarke, give the likes of Garcia & Sanders more important roles rather than continue down the path we're on. I see it as being almost impossible that see the likes of Macrae & Daniel, to name just 2 (but an important 2) being a part of successful Bulldog teams so we need to bite the bullet.

The use of Daniel was mind-boggling on Saturday night... he probably shouldn't have even played and was thrust into a totally unsuitable role at the expense of other more suited team-mates... I know Daniel has been a very solid contributor for Bevo, but he picked the wrong horse on Saturday night and it hurt us.

Post Thanks / Like

Outs:

West, Weightman, Gallagher; Lobb

Ins:

Libba; Jamarra; Sandars; Daniel

Vandemeer should be dropped, but won't (particularly with West out). Bramble should be dropped but gets a reprieve due to Gallagher probably have even less impact. Harmes is doing nothing - but the way he's been used does no favours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Outs:

West, Weightman, Gallagher; Lobb

Ins:

Libba; Jamarra; Sandars; Daniel

Vandemeer should be dropped, but won't (particularly with West out). Bramble should be dropped but gets a reprieve due to Gallagher probably have even less impact. Harmes is doing nothing - but the way he's been used does no favours.
    whether we are using him the right way doesn?t really matter, he simply isn?t a good footballer
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Mabior Chol has been hit with a one-game suspension for striking Errol Gulden yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Mabior Chol has been hit with a one-game suspension for striking Errol Gulden yesterday
    What's the bet they contest it??
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Most Hawks supporters I know will be happy to see him out of the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Since Cody is out for at least six weeks, now is the time to bring Clarke into the team and persist with him. No bringing McNeil in as Weightman's replacement or throwing one of the excess mids there, bring in the natural forward and roll with him.

9. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Most Hawks supporters I know will be happy to see him out of the team.
    he hates body contact
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It will probably just be Libba for Cody. I doubt they give up on Khamis so quickly.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

With the news on Cody it'd be great if Clarke did get the call up. From what I've seen he's done quite well.

Thursday night.

Out: Cody
    In: McNeil

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Clarke but it's wishful thinking.

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McNeil was poor imo on Saturday. I?m not sure I could stomach him missing easy goals any more. Clarke was pretty good and looked lively - deserves his chance.

Will be interesting to see if Buss or Keath come in for Buku or if MC give him another go. I?m torn which way to go (showing a bit of faith in Buku after some reasonable form seems fair) but would like Buss to be given a go soon.

Post Thanks / Like

McNeill will not be playing this weekend has been well below average. I'm not convinced by Clarke yet but will play this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

First up Vandermeer was great on the weekend, particularly his first half. His pressure was awesome and he more than contributed his share.

Clarke feels like he's been waiting for an opportunity all season, pretty excited to see what he offers as a replacement for Weightman.

Libba in for West. Different roles obviously but we will rejig it and probably just leave Garcia forward even more.

JUH for Lobb.

I really like Baker and would put him in for Daniel as the sub, although Gallagher looks tired so if that is the case Gallagher can be sub and Baker start (or if really tired Scott can be sub). We clearly have nfi how to fix Daniel, so lets come up with something to try at VFL level.

Bramble I think is going ok, we lack movement up field imo which makes his job harder, and I don't think we get better dropping him so we have even less run.

Khamis really showed his weaknesses, and I am still unconvinced he is going to make it (also reluctant to cut him young player slack seeing as this is his 6th year in the system), but he's got just enough credits to hold off the uninspiring chasing pack.

I would like to drop Harmes (for Scott or Sanders) but I think we are already hitting enough changes. I am optimistic that we are still bedding down a new variation of gameplan and that we just need to wait a few more weeks in the hope it clicks, and I don't want to change the lineup too much in fear that would delay the "clicking".

So in:
    JUH, Clarke, Liberatore, Baker

Out:
    West, Weightman, Daniel, Gallagher to sub.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

17. Likes FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would get Sanders straight back in and have him play West's role or be the sub, and give Clarke a debut in lieu of Cody being out. Outside of that, Khamis needs to learn to defend at the lower level for a few weeks, with Keath coming in. Libba for Daniel.

In - JUH, Keath, Sanders, Libba and Clarke
    Out - Lobb, Khamis, West, Daniel and Weightman
    Last edited by jeemak; 29-04-2024 at 10:47 PM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes chef liked this post