Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  32
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AFL Game Day R6

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R6

Soldo was a fair bit worse than Sweet (who was no world beater). It was very poor selection to play both, actually poor to recruit both when they only needed one of them.

Port were exposed badly today across all areas. Their defence is shaky, their forward line is impotent and their much vaunted mids still cannot handle real heat. Butters and Rozee got a lot of cheap junk late today (JHF got a lot more hardball). They aren't top 4 material.

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Five touches, only two kicks, in nearly a whole game of footy. He gets some hit outs for sure, but doesn?t do much more than that.

Edit:

Averaged 8.18 touches and 21.36 hit outs for us at AFEL Level.

First up, 5 touches and 21 hit outs.
    But it's more the intangibles you have to focus on with Jordon, not the tangibles.

FWIW he was OK around the contest from what I could see, but doesn't do enough around the ground. Only his first game for the year, so hopefully he can get some form under his belt.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But it's more the intangibles you have to focus on with Jordon, not the tangibles.

FWIW he was OK around the contest from what I could see, but doesn't do enough around the ground. Only his first game for the year, so hopefully he can get some form under his belt.
    I personally still don’t see him really making the grade. Nothing against him, but I think his lot in life is the back up ruckman. And more power to him, I’d love $150,000-$200,000 to work out all week and party with my mates while not ever paying for drinks. Great if you can get it. But I didn’t see anything new about him today at the top level. I don’t think recruiting Soldo and favouring him as the the number one was going to overly help him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been saying it for nearly 12 months. I like watching GWS.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I?ve been saying it for nearly 12 months. I like watching GWS.
    Yes they do play a great brand of footy.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m finally seeing Zendaya manipulate two tennis bros tonight so missed most of the second half of the Collingwood game, but that second quarter was as electric as you can play football. They sadly still have their fast ball.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton area serious contender this year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Carlton area serious contender this year.
    Eww.

Post Thanks / Like

Toby apologists will be out in force this week. As he's not tried to do anything other than bump a player running back in a marking contest Anthony Hudson asks what else can he do?

Um......not run up and jump into a vulnerable player running back with the flight of the ball? Yer ****wit.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Toby apologists will be out in force this week. As he's not tried to do anything other than bump a player running back in a marking contest Anthony Hudson asks what else can he do?

Um......not run up and jump into a vulnerable player running back with the flight of the ball? Yer ****wit.
    Hes lucky the blues player didnt get injured. He should get a week. Probably get a fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched the second half. The Blues were very, very good. It all started with them with enormous pressure. When they lifted with pressure GWS could not go with them.

Cats are also taking it right up to Lions. Their form this year has completely caught me off guard. I though they were in decline.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad we played WC already , they are gaining confidence.
    Bring back the biff

14. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have got Freo and we know what happens when a side gets hammered the week before.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    We have got Freo and we know what happens when a side gets hammered the week before.
    Let's just hope they don't have a new coach for our game next week, because we know what usually happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake Waterman has tuned into Fraser Gehrig in the last two weeks!