Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robbo: Is Luke Beveridge the man to regenerate the Western Bulldogs?

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Did we try him at one stage very early on?
    I was reading some old interviews with him. We spent a preseason or two training as a winger, a role he played in his younger days, and he was doing extra fitness work to make the move but it didn’t eventuate come the season (I guess having Hunter and others there). Then he moved to defence and it was shelved. But the view was clearly at a time he could play wing at the top level.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robbo: Is Luke Beveridge the man to regenerate the Western Bulldogs?

Beveridge was on record in saying that he and Bailey Williams were both too good not to be playing seniors so it meant that they got opportunities where they might not have if groomed for one specific spot in the side.

So that probably aligns with training to play as a wing, but being given an opportunity elsewhere and adapting/ excelling eventually.

The high half back role suits him best in my view. I just hope last night wasn't a flash in the pan given how mistreated he was by being made sub and the horrendous psychological toll it must have taken on him.....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.