Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  87
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dockers V Bulldogs - Round 7, 27/4/24 Optus Stadium, Perth 7:30PM AEST

Bramble. 18 touches. 6 Turnovers (most on the ground). That just kills you. Every third time he gets it, he hands it back to the opposition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bramble. 18 touches. 6 Turnovers (most on the ground). That just kills you. Every third time he gets it, he hands it back to the opposition.
    There is a reason why he was delisted but we've managed to make him a best 22. Another list clogger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Bevo loves to back in the same players who have let us down consistently over the journey.

He?s loyal if nothing else.
    It's decisions like this that make me think he needs to go.

Our mid group is desperate for something different. Names on a paper don't win games of footy. Garcia has everything we lack - pace and defensive intent. He has dominated VFL as a mid. We bring him in and want to play him as a HFF and then sub...

I'll be filthy if he leaves and goes on to become a solid and regular player elsewhere.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Should have been dropped weeks ago.

This isn't even his biggest flaw.

He has no physicality to his game. He can't defend and he can't tackle.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

He’s a defensive Hannan. Not happening for 3 years.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It was obvious from the off that we looked slow and moved the ball slowly. We were off the pace and played catch up for the entire game until they got out of reach in the last four minutes.

I thought the effort was there most of the time but it has to be there ALL THE TIME because minus Libba, Cody Jamarra and Bailey Smith we are down on quality players.

Missed tackles and poor decisions killed us. What was Cody doing flying for that mark when Lobb was in position to go for it. That is NOT his role.

Major problem. We simply cannot kick goals at the psychological moment. Bont? He mixed the brilliant with the abysmal. Treloar in the third missed two snaps in quick succession then Garcia hit the post. English missed two set shots at important junctures. You just cannot do that and not expect to be burnt.

Finally, they always seemed to have acres of space. Why? Is man up not part of the game plan? It was sickening to see them sashay the ball out of defence after a behind. It got worse as the
    game progressed

I really needed a win last night as I fell off a ladder about 5.00 pm onto concrete, ripped the skin from elbow to wrist and have a very sore elbow.I am currently in Emergency waiting to be X-rayed.
    A win last night would have been just the tonic I needed.

But hey, look on the bright side. I could have fractured my skull - or worse. I count my blessings every day. I have led a charmed life and it's not over yet! Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Ladders. Unbelievably unassuming killers. I'm glad your injuries aren't as bad as they could have been!
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

He’s a handball receive player who should really be occupying a wing spot if he’s in our best 22 or a good option to be used as a sub given his pace and ability to cover a few roles. There are plenty of decent outside players where physicality isn’t a strength - we don’t need everyone to be elite in this area - however he needs to be elite with ball in hand and generating run and overlap, along with closing down space and applying pressure.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    He’s a handball receive player who should really be occupying a wing spot if he’s in our best 22 or a good option to be used as a sub given his pace and ability to cover a few roles. There are plenty of decent outside players where physicality isn’t a strength - we don’t need everyone to be elite in this area - however he needs to be elite with ball in hand and generating run and overlap, along with closing down space and applying pressure.
    Agree. But he is far from elite by foot. He turned the ball over six times last night. There is a reason he didn't make it at Hawthorn.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. But he is far from elite by foot. He turned the ball over six times last night. There is a reason he didn't make it at Hawthorn.
    I haven’t found his field kicking to be too bad on balance but last night wasn’t a good one. I wonder if he’s trying to bite off more than he should to add some dare on instruction or if it’s just his decision making combined with inconsistent execution. I haven’t really got a good handle on him to be honest but if he can’t do what I said I think he needs to be doing, then we should be prioritising someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Aĺl good mate. No fracture. Arm in sling for a while. Good result. Cheers.

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Aĺl good mate. No fracture. Arm in sling for a while. Good result. Cheers.
    More clues please.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    It was obvious from the off that we looked slow and moved the ball slowly. We were off the pace and played catch up for the entire game until they got out of reach in the last four minutes.

I thought the effort was there most of the time but it has to be there ALL THE TIME because minus Libba, Cody Jamarra and Bailey Smith we are down on quality players.

Missed tackles and poor decisions killed us. What was Cody doing flying for that mark when Lobb was in position to go for it. That is NOT his role.

Major problem. We simply cannot kick goals at the psychological moment. Bont? He mixed the brilliant with the abysmal. Treloar in the third missed two snaps in quick succession then Garcia hit the post. English missed two set shots at important junctures. You just cannot do that and not expect to be burnt.

Finally, they always seemed to have acres of space. Why? Is man up not part of the game plan? It was sickening to see them sashay the ball out of defence after a behind. It got worse as the
    game progressed

I really needed a win last night as I fell off a ladder about 5.00 pm onto concrete, ripped the skin from elbow to wrist and have a very sore elbow.I am currently in Emergency waiting to be X-rayed.
    A win last night would have been just the tonic I needed.

But hey, look on the bright side. I could have fractured my skull - or worse. I count my blessings every day. I have led a charmed life and it's not over yet! Go Dogs!
    You and Cody Weightman can do rehab together.

Get well Merantau!

16. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speedy recovery Merantau.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I have been a vocal critic of the decision to recruit Harmes, and yet again he shows that he is EXACTLY what we knew we were getting. He's been washed since 2021.

I wonder if somebody will make the same mistake with Caleb and Macrae...
    Our List Management team obviously don't watch any VFL. Harmes was in the VFL the second half of last year and was dreadful. I watch a bit of VFL and was astounded we signed him. I first thought we sigend him for the Foostcray VFL team. Someone must be held accountable for this fraud.