Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best CHF in the AFL in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    I think a few regulars should read some of the early posts on this thread.
    Key CHF are over rated...what a joke.
    You've been waiting for this match haven't you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Mooney may not be a superstar, but I would have him in my side before the hookfooted freak anyday.
    I'd take Riewoldt before both of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I'd take Riewoldt before both of them.
    Well now that he can kick straight he can rival Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

I think a few regulars should read some of the early posts on this thread.
    Key CHF are over rated...what a joke.
    Read post #28 again. If you're too lazy, below is an extract from it:

Your Jon Brown's, Nick Reiwoldt's, Cam Mooney's and Barry Hall's all have big engines, and they have quick pace off the mark. They are able to contribute defensively to the team cause. Their ability to take a contested grab is a bonus to the team, but if that was all they could do, they too would struggle in today's game. These guys are all multi-skilled, unlike previous 70+ goals a season players like Whitnall, Gehrig and Rocca who can all tak a strong pack mark but can't do much else.

How many contested marks did Cam Mooney take today, and conversely how many uncontested marks did he take on the lead?

Don't bump a thread and then mis-represent the people who posted on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Read post #28 again. If you're too lazy, below is an extract from it:

Your Jon Brown's, Nick Reiwoldt's, Cam Mooney's and Barry Hall's all have big engines, and they have quick pace off the mark. They are able to contribute defensively to the team cause. Their ability to take a contested grab is a bonus to the team, but if that was all they could do, they too would struggle in today's game. These guys are all multi-skilled, unlike previous 70+ goals a season players like Whitnall, Gehrig and Rocca who can all tak a strong pack mark but can't do much else.

How many contested marks did Cam Mooney take today, and conversely how many uncontested marks did he take on the lead?

Don't bump a thread and then mis-represent the people who posted on it.
    I didnt mis-represent anyone Sedat.
    Why did you quote post #28, what was wrong with post #1?? ? Who is mis-representing...

Post Thanks / Like

Why did you quote post #28, what was wrong with post #1?? ? Who is mis-representing...
    How about you actually say what was wrong with post #1?

Post Thanks / Like

You misquoted by suggesting that posters previously stated that key CHF's are over-rated. Nobody mentioned that at all, just that the role of the key forward has changed. If you are a 198cm man mountain but can't run from contest to contest you are going to be nigh on useless in today's game. Mooney did not take one contested mark on Saturday from memory, but he was able to run from contest to contest and repeatedly present an option to his temates further upfield (which was the point of my post #28). Geelong players were able hit Mooney lace out on the lead time and again. Why? One, Geelong's midfielders are incredibly skilled, and two, their midfield/running defenders were given too much latitide to hit the targets up forward.

Good forward structure is all cause and effect - if clean delivery is afforded further up the field any forward line can look effective. By contrast, our forward delivery (especially after half time) was haphazard and lacked penetration (due to Geelong's midfield defensive pressure on our ball carriers), hence we looked impotent up forward. Even Geelong's much vaunted forward line looked just as impotent again Collingwood earlier this year, despite it boasting the likes of Mooney and Johnson - it was made to look second-rate by Collingwood's midfield pressure on the ball carrier that night. If Rob Murphy wore Mooney's jumper on Saturday, he would arguably have been just as effective.