Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  47
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Footy Show

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Footy Show

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The absolute worst thing is, had Newman walked away from the show 10 years ago he would have done so with his head held high and his football and media legacy intact.

He's tarnished what was up until that point almost four decades of wonderful service to both.
    A bit like what Arsene is doing at Arsenal. Actively trashing his own reputation and legacy.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just going to say this once , but there has been way way to much noise on this stale show
    Not on here, but as a story .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I'm just going to say this once , but there has been way way to much noise on this stale show
    Not on here, but as a story .
    Yep Eddie getting the hype going

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of word about town re a "big announcement" on TFS tomorrow night..

Might have something to do with a player or players coming out as gay...

I'd hate one of those players to be a Collingwood player, as for me, it would cut right to Eddie McGuire's character and integrity.

So many thoughts would come to mind in this scenario.. Conflict of interest, blatant exploitation of his position as a club insider to benefit he and his venture etc etc...

Where do you begin, really?! Anyway, might not be true. Hope it isn't, because is would taint and cheapen what would be an historic and symbolic event.

If it did happen, Eddie would be criticised, but would defend himself. He'd argue that the player received a fee and that everyone's a winner. His integrity would be debated publicly around Australia. Meanwhile everyone in Australia will be discussing Eddie and the Footy Show...

.... Actually, the more I think of it, the more I convince myself it's almost a certainty to happen!!

Post Thanks / Like

My news is it is Tom Boyd. Touted as the main reason for his recent absence to work out an approach to the AFL and public. It will be interesting to see if what I've been told is true.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be watching
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest it's non news .. Who cares about their private lives I just want to see footy and if the footy show makes an issue of this they are the lowest of lows.
    What's the next episode two footballers come out as hermaphrodites?
    I have a son and daughter and my advice would be don't come out on a Tv show saying your gay it's no ones business just enjoy life.
    I think the public accept everyone nowadays no matter what the sexual preference is , I work with all types of people and they are all treated the same no one gives a shit.
    The footy show is making it an issue. The public aren't.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie has refuted all of this speculation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Eddie has refuted all of this speculation.
    He did this on Perth radio this morning too.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    My news is it is Tom Boyd. Touted as the main reason for his recent absence to work out an approach to the AFL and public. It will be interesting to see if what I've been told is true.
    I should clarify that a member of the football club said this to me, someone involved in banner making. I thought nothing of it at the time but Webby's post jolted my memory. Should probably be taken with a grain of salt.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    To be honest it's non news .. Who cares about their private lives I just want to see footy and if the footy show makes an issue of this they are the lowest of lows.
    What's the next episode two footballers come out as hermaphrodites?
    I have a son and daughter and my advice would be don't come out on a Tv show saying your gay it's no ones business just enjoy life.
    I think the public accept everyone nowadays no matter what the sexual preference is , I work with all types of people and they are all treated the same no one gives a shit.
    The footy show is making it an issue. The public aren't.
    They certainly have no obligation to share and we have no right to know but if they did come out then however they did it would take a lot of courage. I just hope Australia doesn't let itself down in the response to that when it inevitable happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    They certainly have no obligation to share and we have no right to know but if they did come out then however they did it would take a lot of courage. I just hope Australia doesn't let itself down in the response to that when it inevitable happens.
    It will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I'd like to think that, but social media tells me that isn't the case.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I'd like to think that, but social media tells me that isn't the case.
    Yep homophobia still exists.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This has been touted to be a big news story on TFS pretty much once a year for the last 5 years so I'm guessing it's again not true

17. Likes azabob, 1eyedog liked this post