Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Our Rucks

Post Thanks / Like

Our Rucks

Here is a comparison

I think Minson is improving each week in the ruck and doing the job expected of him in the forward line, although I would have expected more contested marks in the inside 50.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our Rucks

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Here is a comparison

I think Minson is improving each week in the ruck and doing the job expected of him in the forward line, although I would have expected more contested marks in the inside 50.
    I actually think that Will has been a little down in recent weeks but had a really nice patch there following the Richmond game. These two have become one of the best ruck combinations in the league imo. When champion data ranked us as the best ruck side in the comp pre-season there was a bit of scoffing going around but when you factor in the dominant Street at VFL level and Skipper when fit, they probably got it right.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I actually think that Will has been a little down in recent weeks but had a really nice patch there following the Richmond game. These two have become one of the best ruck combinations in the league imo. When champion data ranked us as the best ruck side in the comp pre-season there was a bit of scoffing going around but when you factor in the dominant Street at VFL level and Skipper when fit, they probably got it right.
    Hudson will be 30 in the next few months or so, Street has been delisted and Skipper is really a part time ruck. Should we be looking for a young ruckman in the trade period, or during drafting. I know we have our eyes on Cordy, is he the answer for the future (I don't know much about him).

The rucks are vital, we saw in the prelim as well as down at Kardinia Park, how Geelong absolutely smashed us both in the ruck and around the ground and gave first use of the ball to their midfielders.

I would like to see a young ruckman come in next year and played in the seniors to learn the ropes from Hudson. We blooded a young Minson, so its time to blood another young ruckman.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where will will get one. There is not one on the list who is AFL standard, or even close to.

If trading is the answer, not sure there is too much to trade for.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    Not sure where will will get one. There is not one on the list who is AFL standard, or even close to.

If trading is the answer, not sure there is too much to trade for.
    Taylor from Hawks ( I know he is 26)
    Warnock - may have to give up alot.
    Cordy will be drafted
    Mulligan any one?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Taylor and Warnock I agree. Both will cost a fair bit.

The call must then be whether a ruck or KPP forward is more important. I don't think we can afford both.

Mulligan to play AFL seniors next year is a fair call. Ayce just wont be ready to play ruck next year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If Warnock goes to the Blues, I'd hope we sound out Shaun Hampson. He'd be a third wheel there, is young and very athletic for his size.

Post Thanks / Like

Taylor and Warnock I agree. Both will cost a fair bit.

The call must then be whether a ruck or KPP forward is more important. I don't think we can afford both.

Mulligan to play AFL seniors next year is a fair call. Ayce just wont be ready to play ruck next year.
    I think we'd expect Mulligan to make the transition to Will seniors next year and hopefully scrape 1 or 2 games towards the end of the year if there are any injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I think we'd expect Mulligan to make the transition to Will seniors next year and hopefully scrape 1 or 2 games towards the end of the year if there are any injuries.
    Yeah, poor posting on my part. I should have said that's a big call. I wouldn't think that would ahppen at all.

Post Thanks / Like

A kid called Jordan Roughead (cousin) is 199cm and 90kg.

Anyone know if he's worth a shot. BF phantom draft has us picking him.

Post Thanks / Like

A kid called Jordan Roughead (cousin) is 199cm and 90kg.

Anyone know if he's worth a shot. BF phantom draft has us picking him.
    Very down to earth young fella. Him and his father are huge Doggie fans too. He'd be a very nice pick up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Very down to earth young fella. Him and his father are huge Doggie fans too. He'd be a very nice pick up.
    I talked to Chris Grant about him in the first week of the finals. Chris had a bit to do with him with the Vic Country side.
    Yes he is a Doggies fan and I think his father was at the club for a while as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Roughead probably is the best of the ones mentioned...Warnock is as over-rated as can be, Taylor got dropped for Renouf (enough said), and the other two simply aren't ready.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I talked to Chris Grant about him in the first week of the finals. Chris had a bit to do with him with the Vic Country side.
    Yes he is a Doggies fan and I think his father was at the club for a while as well.
    I think Jarrods father played some reserves games for the doggies.