Streeta doing work experience....

AFL star on work experience at Footscray
Vic Police Website

Western Bulldog Peter Street has been doing work experience with the Footscray police through a new program called A Walk in their Shoes.

Street has shown a keen interest in policing and has been using his regular day off from football training each week to learn the ropes thanks to the close partnership the two organisations have in the West of Melbourne.

"I have really enjoyed my time thus far and it’s given me a really good insight into what it would be like if looked at policing as a career once my football career is over," Street said.

Maribyrnong Inspector Ian Geddes said Footscray police’s Walk in their Shoes program aims to give people a unique insight into the work of local police.

"The Walk in Their Shoes program has given a range of people from the western suburbs a unique opportunity to experience the daily challenges that police face and gain an invaluable insight into the work they do," Insp Geddes said.

"Victoria Police has developed a strong partnership with the Western Bulldogs and I think Peter would be a great asset to the organisation should he decide to join at the end of his AFL career."

During his time at Footscray police station, Street has been out on general patrol and has witnessed offenders being apprehended and charged.