Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs days away from the brink and financial ruin

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    This has got to be the biggest load of "rat's toss bag" I've ever heard.
    AS IF the Dogs were about to be wiped off the face of the earth, and the AFL would simply cancel our games for the rest of the year, and almost 30,000 members would just say " Gee that's a shame, who do I barrack for now?". For God's sake have some common sense. This is just the Footy Show trying to pump a small story full of steroids. The whole club gone without a trace............ give me a break.
    The AFL would say 'thank Christ they're gone. Let's get Gold Coast in next year and they can have first pick of the players'.

Then they'd shaft North or Melbourne and be back to 16 clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs days away from the brink and financial ruin

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    This has got to be the biggest load of "rat's toss bag" I've ever heard.
    AS IF the Dogs were about to be wiped off the face of the earth, and the AFL would simply cancel our games for the rest of the year, and almost 30,000 members would just say " Gee that's a shame, who do I barrack for now?". For God's sake have some common sense. This is just the Footy Show trying to pump a small story full of steroids. The whole club gone without a trace............ give me a break.
    Get your head out of the sand Dougy.

We would have been left with a $6million hole in our bottom line, plus an unfinished redevelopment. The club wouldn't have been able to pay the players, administrative staff, the water bill, anything. We would be insolvent, unable to trade. The AFL have been looking for an excuse to take a club out of Melbourne for years. We would have handed them one on a silver platter. The club would have ceased to exist. Full Stop. It happens in the business world. Get used to it.