Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day - Bulldogs vs Blues

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    I don't understand the how the blame is on Lake? Lace up passes from Judd and Stevens to a quality forward is obviously Lake's fault.

Williams played well on Franklin cos the midfield controlled the game. Send the ball in Hawthorns forward line 50 times, no backman will beat Franklin at the moment.
    I understand that it is hard to defend when there is no pressure being applied up field, but Lake was giving Fevola far too much latitude in the last qtr. Atleast Morris makes you earn every kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless we have a rapid form reversal by next week, and let's face it we don't exactly have a great record of form reversals, we will be lucky to win another game come September. I see Sydney easily accounting for us next week because we don't play man on man anymore and we don't tackle, North match up well and we never stop Boomer, Brisbane up at the Gabba is probably our only likely win and even that is 50/50 at the moment, Essendon are playing very good footy and we don't have great record at Aami Stadium for Adelaide. By September their confidence will be well and truly shattered.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the how the blame is on Lake? Lace up passes from Judd and Stevens to a quality forward is obviously Lake's fault.
    Lake looked like he wasn't trying in the last qtr.

Disgusting effort. At least in the Rohde years, we were meant to be terrible. I thought we were good this time round?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farren Ray FTW View Post
    Matthew Lloyd was commentating on the ABC radio yesterday & he said Brian Lake is an annoying player to play on, but if you get on top of him, he can drop his head real quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Only entertaining thing out of yesturdays game was when Fev took a mark, was given a 50m penalty and he knocked one of our blokes down on his way through (Cooney i think?)

Umps then reversed it and gave us the free kick. Fev will never learn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I understand that it is hard to defend when there is no pressure being applied up field, but Lake was giving Fevola far too much latitude in the last qtr. Atleast Morris makes you earn every kick.
    Agreed. In situations where the midfield is suffering, Morris is our best pound for pound defender on dangerous smalls or talls. Once Fev got on a bit of a run late yesterday a change should have been made. I'm sure the players themselves have a fair idea, so perhaps there was a direction not to make a change. Either way interesting strategy, especially as Lake is such a confidence player.

Quote Originally Posted by "Lantern
    2. We needed Scott West in there today. Halfway through the game the Dogs couldn't get their hands on a clean centre clearance, and Crossy's hands today let him down a bit, which is rare.
    This has been the case quite a few times this year. Boyd and Cross are both excellent at winning the contested ball, but under pressure do make mistakes by hand that Westy doesn't. (Not a harsh dig at Boyd and Cross as West is obviously pretty exceptional in close with his hands.). But yes, Westy definitely would improve us a lot in close. Let's hope he can get himself back and be able to play somewhere near 70% game time.

Will be interesting to see what unfolds with him over the next month or so I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Only entertaining thing out of yesturdays game was when Fev took a mark, was given a 50m penalty and he knocked one of our blokes down on his way through (Cooney i think?)

Umps then reversed it and gave us the free kick. Fev will never learn
    2nd amusing point.

Everytime Nick Stevens had the ball, someone would yell out "Straughny!!!!!"

Laughed even when we were losing.

Post Thanks / Like

Williams played well on Franklin cos the midfield controlled the game. Send the ball in Hawthorns forward line 50 times, no backman will beat Franklin at the moment.
    Totally agree Morris, Fev was at the end of some wonderful passes and his leading to the spoty was brilliant. No one could have stopped that at FB. The problem was upfield as we weren't winning the ball out of the centre. We should take note with the way the ball is delivered to the 50 metre area, and the forwards need to be leading and making space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by namdarb View Post
    Unless we have a rapid form reversal by next week, and let's face it we don't exactly have a great record of form reversals, we will be lucky to win another game come September. I see Sydney easily accounting for us next week because we don't play man on man anymore and we don't tackle, North match up well and we never stop Boomer, Brisbane up at the Gabba is probably our only likely win and even that is 50/50 at the moment, Essendon are playing very good footy and we don't have great record at Aami Stadium for Adelaide. By September their confidence will be well and truly shattered.
    Meaning we finish this year the same as last year ... I hope its not all doom and gloom ... we need two wins to secure a Hawthorn v Bulldogs game first week of the finals ... More importantly we need good form coming into the finals to make a mark !!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farren Ray FTW View Post
    Who looked like they were trying in the last quarter?
    Easy to blame Lake.
    I don't believe playing Morris on Fev would have changed anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Silvagni wouldn't have stopped Fev in the last quarter.

It all comes down to cutting down the supply, we were getting smashed out of the centre.

Post Thanks / Like

When i watched replay, hearing the commentators say 'Bulldogs arent tagging Judd & Stevens' sent shivers down my spine, that was a massive factor in why we lost

Why didnt we have Boyd going with Judd? hes done a great tagging job this year...frustrates me we left them both alone, one being a freakin brownlow medalist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    When i watched replay, hearing the commentators say 'Bulldogs arent tagging Judd & Stevens' sent shivers down my spine, that was a massive factor in why we lost
    Sorry thats BS.
    We weren't tagging them when we were 37 points up.
    We dropped off in intensity is why we lost.

We tagged Judd and Cousins last year in the WC game at Telstra Dome and lost by more.