Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Callan Ward, beyond 2008

i think ward is a similar style player to gia,

More of a hff type player with a great vision, exceptional skills by foot, mentally tough and loves the sight of a goal.

He has played hff and hbf equally throughout his junior career i believe, i think he has more effect up forward, at least for now. We'll see when he puts on some size what he evolves into.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    i think ward is a similar style player to gia,

More of a hff type player with a great vision, exceptional skills by foot, mentally tough and loves the sight of a goal.

He has played hff and hbf equally throughout his junior career i believe, i think he has more effect up forward, at least for now. We'll see when he puts on some size what he evolves into.
    Dont get me wrong i think in the end he will be a centre, changing down forward, just his little body worries me at the moment and dont want him getting flattened.
    Another year in the gym, some tutilidge under players like Johnno and Westy, the kid will be a star.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    i think he has more effect up forward, at least for now.
    I seem to remember him doing pretty well in the backline last year, even playing as a CHB at certain stages, from some of the Jets reports we got here(? Could be wrong). Considering our current back group and our forward group, I think as a side we'd gain more from him playing back at the moment. He just adds a bit of class from the back line which we have missed a bit this year, and with Hargrav/Morrise possibly stuck on bigger opponents for the next few weeks it's the best option at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Half back would be good ATM (like Murph in his younger days) until he matures mentally and physically.
    He seems to have the potential to grow into a classic ruck-rover type, once he has had a couple of pre-seasons in the gym. I reckon he'll build up into the shape of a Dal Santo - hopefully with a little more game changing impact!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe HBF for next year, then the guts from there. He's going to be a gun mid... Voss style.

Lock it in.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait until Cal has finished his studies. Can you imagine how good this guy will be when he's a full time footballer?