Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brownlow 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Brownlow 2008

Over the past week, in my spare time, I have been going through every game of the season so far, appointing brownlow votes. If I am anywhere near the mark then this year's Brownlow will be one of the tightest with many challengers:

1 - A Cooney - 22 votes
    1 - J Bartel - 22 votes
    3 - L Franklin - 21 votes
    4 - G Ablett - 19 votes
    4 - B Harvey - 19 votes
    6 - M Richardson - 17 votes
    6 - N Riewoldt - 17 votes
    6 - J McVeigh - 17 votes
    9 - M Pavlich - 15 votes
    10 - A Goodes - 14 votes

The thing about Cooney is, I have him getting 6 BOGs which doesn't leave much room for error, and I could see him polling as little as 15 votes. Bartel has been having a great patch with Gablett out and we know that he polls quite well. Franklin is ineligible but is a certainty to be right up there. Ablett is also a certainty to be right up there but I don't think after going through each round that he will be leading, a maximum of 24 votes at the moment for him. Harvey is the one who could well get up, I have him getting 3 BOGs but he is a big chance at getting a few more than that. Richo won't win simply because there won't be enough votes coming Richmond's way. Riewoldt is a little bit of a dark horse, from RD 13 to 17 I have him getting 12 votes and if he can stay in that form he is in now, he's in with a show. McVeigh is the big dark horse to come out of my polling (at $251 atm), he has had many very good games (including against us) but he may have too many teammates taking votes off him (Goodes, Kirk, O'Keefe) to get up. Pavlich and Goodes are maybe a bit too far back to win but if the umpires are feeling sympathetic towards Freo early in the year then Pavlich could poll more than 15 votes to now.

I'd like to hear everyone's tips for the Brownlow, and which players will make a surge in the last few rounds.

Here's hoping that Coondog does, because despite his last month or so he could still be right up there.

Cheerz guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brownlow 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Over the past week, in my spare time, I have been going through every game of the season so far, appointing brownlow votes. If I am anywhere near the mark then this year's Brownlow will be one of the tightest with many challengers:

1 - A Cooney - 22 votes
    1 - J Bartel - 22 votes
    3 - L Franklin - 21 votes
    4 - G Ablett - 19 votes
    4 - B Harvey - 19 votes
    6 - M Richardson - 17 votes
    6 - N Riewoldt - 17 votes
    6 - J McVeigh - 17 votes
    9 - M Pavlich - 15 votes
    10 - A Goodes - 14 votes

The thing about Cooney is, I have him getting 6 BOGs which doesn't leave much room for error, and I could see him polling as little as 15 votes. Bartel has been having a great patch with Gablett out and we know that he polls quite well. Franklin is ineligible but is a certainty to be right up there. Ablett is also a certainty to be right up there but I don't think after going through each round that he will be leading, a maximum of 24 votes at the moment for him. Harvey is the one who could well get up, I have him getting 3 BOGs but he is a big chance at getting a few more than that. Richo won't win simply because there won't be enough votes coming Richmond's way. Riewoldt is a little bit of a dark horse, from RD 13 to 17 I have him getting 12 votes and if he can stay in that form he is in now, he's in with a show. McVeigh is the big dark horse to come out of my polling (at $251 atm), he has had many very good games (including against us) but he may have too many teammates taking votes off him (Goodes, Kirk, O'Keefe) to get up. Pavlich and Goodes are maybe a bit too far back to win but if the umpires are feeling sympathetic towards Freo early in the year then Pavlich could poll more than 15 votes to now.

I'd like to hear everyone's tips for the Brownlow, and which players will make a surge in the last few rounds.

Here's hoping that Coondog does, because despite his last month or so he could still be right up there.

Cheerz guys.
    How much spare time do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    How much spare time do you have?
    Too much evidently

Post Thanks / Like

I love these predictor things, seriously, first we have a ladder predictor (where you can work out your team's finishing place from any round) and now a Brownlow predicator. I like it even if it is based purely on current form (always changes) and personal opinion. It's food for thought. I would have thought Harvey and Cooney would be right up there just above Franklin and Ablett with Bartel snapping at their heels. McVeigh well off the pace IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

What will Cooney poll from this game? Didn't see the game but going on stats I would think he would even be in with a chance of the 3 votes?

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon Brennan might get the 3 because of his last quarter,though i dont agree with it. Id think Cooney might pole 1 or 2

Post Thanks / Like

What are peoples thoughts on votes from the Bombers game? Hahn is probably a lock for the three votes, after him Johnno, Aker, Cooney and Stanton possibly could get 1-2 votes. Cooney polls a lot better than Johnno and Aker, not sure about Stanton.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney killed them in the clearances, I'd suggest he'd score at least a vote. Hahn should have the 3 on lock, rightfully so.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney would get the two.

Post Thanks / Like

Id be pretty suprised if cooney got up...he will go close but i think it will be ABLETT by a margin of at least 2-3 votes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Id be pretty suprised if cooney got up...he will go close but i think it will be ABLETT by a margin of at least 2-3 votes.
    Bartel will take votes off him again, so it may be tough for him, plus he missed a few matches.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Cooney killed them in the clearances, I'd suggest he'd score at least a vote. Hahn should have the 3 on lock, rightfully so.
    Dont think umpires look at stats after a game before giving votes do they??
    I do believe they go by who wins game on the 3 votes most of the time though, which is utter rubbish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Dont think umpires look at stats after a game before giving votes do they??
    I do believe they go by who wins game on the 3 votes most of the time though, which is utter rubbish
    They do.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it will be Boomer this year the Geelong boys next and Cooney 4th
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

My updated top ten with one round to go:

1st J Bartel 27 votes
    2nd A Cooney 26 votes
    3rd G Ablett 22 votes
    3rd B Harvey 22 votes