Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone else losing faith ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Why? Who from?

It's not going to mean we move from2/3 on the ladder.
    Why - because it will mean that we have lost any semblance of respectabilty that we have acheived this year. I have been one to say that what happens in the last 4 weeks of the season is irrelavant, it's what happens in the finals that will count. But if we cannot beat a very undermanned Essendon, than I think we have some serious problems.

Who from - Every bulldog supporter who until now has remained calm, looking for a return to form that had the whole football world talking about how exciting it was to watch the bulldogs.

I know the result will have no effect on where we finish on the ladder, but we can not afford to go in to a finals series losing 6 or 7 of our last 8 games. The turnaround must start this week.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    I know the result will have no effect on where we finish on the ladder, but we can not afford to go in to a finals series losing 6 or 7 of our last 8 games. The turnaround must start this week.
    Let alone what losing does to the confidence of players. All sorts of self doubt will start to creep into their heads, which I believe have already.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I have lost the faith. 2 years in a row we have finished off the season miserably. 22 rounds just seems to much for them. Very disappointed. The fact that we will finish 2nd or 3rd is irrelevant. If we continue playing like we are it's a straight sets exit out of the finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny, I still have enormous faith.

I think we'll be right up for the Hawthorn clash, couldn't really care one way or the other to be honest before then.

We could lose to Essendon & Adelaide, but as long as we beat Hawthorn I won't mind one little bit.

Might put me in the minority, but I've never known teeth gnashing supporters to win a game of AFL football.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Let alone what losing does to the confidence of players. All sorts of self doubt will start to creep into their heads, which I believe have already.
    A few niggly doubts but nothing major and they are being addressed. they all know where it is at and what they have to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we'll be right up for the Hawthorn clash, couldn't really care one way or the other to be honest before then.

We could lose to Essendon & Adelaide, but as long as we beat Hawthorn I won't mind one little bit.

Might put me in the minority, but I've never known teeth gnashing supporters to win a game of AFL football.
    Barry, love your optimisim, hopefully it happens.

It only takes 1 win to wipe out the memory of poor form, if that win is against Hawthorn all the loses will be forgotten.

Honestly, I think with Essendons injuries that we should smack them on Friday and hopefully sharpen up for the finals with a good physical battle against the crows.

Post Thanks / Like

And if we don't?

My thinking is pretty much the same as your's. While I hate watching us lose I am confident that Rocket know's what he is doing and if he tells me we are concentrating on the first final, then that's what we are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    And if we don't?
    Would be the same if we had won 8 in a row by 100 points leading into the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charmdog View Post
    A few niggly doubts but nothing major and they are being addressed. they all know where it is at and what they have to do.
    Good to hear Charmdog, but if we lose this week, then I will be losing faith. Is the niggly doubt from one white haired goatee bearded one? (not his own ability mind you)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Finals this year is all about getting experience as long as we win at least one i am happy.more looking forward to Bouman and Grant having a summer on the weights for a big crack next year
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by namdarb View Post
    I have lost the faith. 2 years in a row we have finished off the season miserably. 22 rounds just seems to much for them. Very disappointed. The fact that we will finish 2nd or 3rd is irrelevant. If we continue playing like we are it's a straight sets exit out of the finals.
    Agreed. If we don't really turn it around across the park in the next couple of games we're buggered for the finals. I can't think of a sport where a team has played badly for close to two months, and then magically turns it on for a final.

How is draft pick 11 or 12 looking?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    And if we don't?

My thinking is pretty much the same as your's. While I hate watching us lose I am confident that Rocket know's what he is doing and if he tells me we are concentrating on the first final, then that's what we are doing.
    Not sure that I share the confidence, but hopefully Rocket's been watching 'When We Were Kings'. George Foreman vs Muhammad Ali, Zaire 1974, the Rumble in the Jungle. Foreman was a wrecking machine, Ali was a dancer. Nobody gave Ali a chance, and he spent the first rounds absorbing one crashing blow after another, then, when the moment ws right- BLAM! Down went George, only ever to re-surface years later as sponsor of the lean mean grilling machine.

The Dogs are just doing the rope a dope.