Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rob Murphy - Turn Patella tendon

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Why don't you think Kosi would be a good fit for us?
    We would probably only be able to play Hall for one season because he will more than likely retire after that. Unless we feel as though he was the missing ingredient between us and the flag this year (and I don't believe that) then trading away Ray who is more than capable of playing for another 5 seasons for someone who has potentially just 16 more games left in him doesn't sound like a great deal. I wouldn't mind Hall at the club next season but I'd want to get him cheaply.

Despite some of his his flaws, Kosi is probably the type of player that we need.

This year we will probably lose West (and maybe Eagleton) but at the end of next season we could be losing Johnson, Akermanis, Welsh, Eagleton, Hudson and, if we got him, Hall. That would be a gaping hole for the club to cover.

IMO, we don't need to add more 30 something players to the squad unless we are very confident we are close to winning the flag.
    I just don't rate him. He is inconsistent and soft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Saints would quite rightly want a first round pick (at least) for Kosi or a pretty good player.

How would we be able to offer a first round pick? And wouldn't another club offer a first round pick if Kosi was shopped around?
    Clubs will be reluctant to trade picks this year due to the reduction in picks on offer over the next few years. Draft picks will be used on kids while most trades during trade week will be player for player trades.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Clubs will be reluctant to trade picks this year due to the reduction in picks on offer over the next few years. Draft picks will be used on kids while most trades during trade week will be player for player trades.
    They won't be reluctant for players like Kosi and Kerr.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

They won't be reluctant for players like Kosi and Kerr.
    Why I used the word "most"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Why I used the word "most"
    I was talking about Kosi so how is your post relevant?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    If the price isn't too great, I'd be for it. Would much prefer Hall than Thompson if we are to go for a veteran. Halls body is in good nick... just a question mark over his brain.
    Think he would provide the perfect short term solution to our Key forward woes, and would as other have said, give Grant time to mature.
    I agree - yes he's older, but Eade brought him up to Sydney so is (or at least was) clearly a fan. Respects him enough to play Lake on him each time we play Sydney.

Worth the gamble for a potential 2 year flag tilt, and put some grunt into youngens Grant & Boumann.

Kosi - yeah maybe, but honestly I'd prefer Hall. Can't see St Kilda letting him go, and he has no lateral vision. Hall (at his best) works up the ground and can take contested grabs deep in the forward line. He'd be a good get and could be refreshed with a change of scenery.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I would take Kosi over Hall every day of the week and twice on the Sabbath ...

Hall has seen his best days ... Kosi's are still to come
    People have been saying that for the past 4-5 years. His best days are well and truly behind him.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Barry and Jarrod Grant in the forward line for 2009, as Barry drops Jarrod will pick it up until he is our number one forward (I hope) I think another outside midfielder as well - can't see Banner lasting until unfortunatley.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    People have been saying that for the past 4-5 years. His best days are well and truly behind him.
    He turned 26 yesterday, and has played 119 games ... 22 of which were this year.

How can you say his best are behind him ??
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    IMO, we don't need to add more 30 something players to the squad unless we are very confident we are close to winning the flag.
    How much closer do you need to be, we were a few errant kicks from a GF?

We have an abundance of good young talent which will need a year or 2 to really develop, so if we can get some experienced players in the mean time at a reasonable price to our club, there is no downside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAMA View Post
    How much closer do you need to be, we were a few errant kicks from a GF?

We have an abundance of good young talent which will need a year or 2 to really develop, so if we can get some experienced players in the mean time at a reasonable price to our club, there is no downside.
    My concern is more along the lines of losing 6 experienced players all in one season after coming up short again. That would be a disaster for the club and not something that is easily fixed. Getting Hall for 16 games and losing Ray doesn't look right to me.
    I'm also still not convinced that we would have beaten the Cats or Hawks even if we had Hall this season. He is also just one more report away from another long holiday as well and he might not be able to maintain his form either.

We would have to get Hall cheaper than a trade for Ray.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rob Murphy - Torn Patella tendon

Kosi really is an Athlete with limited footy smarts. I dont think he would suit. Hall has one season left in him IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    Kosi really is an Athlete with limited footy smarts. I dont think he would suit. Hall has one season left in him IMO.
    I would have thought he was the opposite. Has the football smarts but just doesnt have the body that can deliver.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    I would have thought he was the opposite. Has the football smarts but just doesnt have the body that can deliver.

No he does not read the play overly well and his poor peripheral vision a lack of awareness is well documented. (eg not knowing the Gia was around when he was knocked out a few years back.) Saw him spoil his teammates a few times. I looked at him on Saturday and I would not want him at the 'dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking about Kosi so how is your post relevant?
    There is no way any club would trade draft picks this year (or any year) for that matter for Kosi, a pick after 80 being the exception.

You get more hardness and consistency in a tub of yoghurt, than you get from Kosi.

Simply put, Kosi is a dud, but a dud that could fill a void and be a back-up ruckman for Jolly in Sydney. He is not capable of holding down a KFP.

St Kilda are screaming out for pacy ball carriers in the mould of Farren Ray. If Hall wanted to leave Sydney, and I'm sure the swans will not stand in his way, he could help develop Grant and Boumann during a 2 year stint with us.