Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2008 Grand Final

Who are you going for? Who will win and why?

Hawks were pretty impressive last night, but the opposition was poor.

I'm going for the Cats (hate the Hawks) and I'll think they'll win - I think they can match and overcome the Hawks strengths.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Grand Final

Hate the Hawks passionately so it's the Cats for me.

The ideal scenario would be Hawthorn in front by 4 points and Mark Williams has a shot for goal with 30 seconds left and chokes and kicks a behind. Either Buddy or "Chancer" Bateman give away a 50m penalty from the kick in and the resulting kick forward leads to a hands in the back free kick against Trent Croad, and Cam Mooney kicks the winning goal as the siren sounds as the ball is travelling through the sticks. Can you imagine the devastation amongst the Hawthorn fans? Priceless....

Post Thanks / Like

I am going for Geelong to go back-2-back

I sooo wanted St. Kilda to win last night ... the parlava has already started "the two best teams of the year are playing off in the Grand Final ..."

I think we were a better team than Hawthorn ... we just had a worse draw with so many interstate games at cruical parts of the season ... I HATE HAWTHORN

GO CATS !!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hawthorn are perfectly placed to knock em off - I'm actually very nearly convinced they will win. Geelong did nothing for me Friday, their experience got them over the line.

Maybe it was the wake up call they needed - but I believe Hawthorn will win, much better form.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

'Long-suffering Hawthorn fans' have not suffered nearly enough. Only seventeen years since a premiership, and eight in twenty years prior to that.

God, I hated that Hawks outfit of the 80s. I saw Dipper sitting on his big, fat arse in the stands, looking extremely content as Hawthorn demolished the Saints last night. That is reason enough for me to scream loudly for Cats back-to-back.
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

2 of my friends are Hawks fans and i also work with 2 others, so that in itself is enough reason for me to ABSOLUTELY cheer on the cats, although their cockiness is starting to get to me.

Cats for me.

Man i wish it had been dogs/saints.

phroosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Hate the Hawks passionately so it's the Cats for me.

The ideal scenario would be Hawthorn in front by 4 points and Mark Williams has a shot for goal with 30 seconds left and chokes and kicks a behind. Either Buddy or "Chancer" Bateman give away a 50m penalty from the kick in and the resulting kick forward leads to a hands in the back free kick against Trent Croad, and Cam Mooney kicks the winning goal as the siren sounds as the ball is travelling through the sticks. Can you imagine the devastation amongst the Hawthorn fans? Priceless....
    Wow. I don't even hate Richmond or Adelaide that much. That's impressive hate.....

Post Thanks / Like

I'll watch it because I think it might be a good game. Who do I want to win? To be honest I couldn't give a stuff.

phroosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I'll watch it because I think it might be a good game. Who do I want to win? To be honest I couldn't give a stuff.
    I'm the same. Too soon after we got knocked out. I reckon I was the same in 97/98. My list of priorities is going to be Beer, BBQ, watching the footy on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

We have good reasons to hate both teams, but why the almost unanimous hatred of Hawthorn over Geelong?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    We have good reasons to hate both teams, but why the almost unanimous hatred of Hawthorn over Geelong?
    The arrogance of their fans, particularly after they defeated us a fortnight ago, supercilious smug bastards!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Dipper, Dermie and the cocky, whiny little upstart that sat in front of me at the 1985 Preliminary Final.
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

Jim from Hawthorn - enough to turn any neutral against them.

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy. No buddy of mine. F*****g sod.

Can't wait for his third strike. I will be dancing in the street that day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    The arrogance of their fans, particularly after they defeated us a fortnight ago, supercilious smug bastards!
    Well said ... Can't stand their fans
    WOOF Member 422