Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barry Hall, Adam Campbell, Ryan O'keefe Hello Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by LostDog View Post
    Whats the ruling on that, i mean its a given we are going to get Cordy
    Yea but its still not confirmed that we will have to use our first rounder.

Sydney were always the most likely to bid for him, if we negotiated before father son bidding, they might agree to not make us use the first rounder in order to trade it to them.

Bulldogs_6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Yea but its still not confirmed that we will have to use our first rounder.

Sydney were always the most likely to bid for him, if we negotiated before father son bidding, they might agree to not make us use the first rounder in order to trade it to them.
    Still wishful thinking, I'm confident more than one club would make a bid for Ayce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I'm thinking along the lines of . . . us not having to use our first pick on Cordy.

1st pick, Ray, Street to Swans

Hall, O'Keefe to us.
    Been reading this?

The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs_6 View Post
    Still wishful thinking, I'm confident more than one club would make a bid for Ayce.
    I could see maybe Collingwood, Brisbane and Adelaide having a tilt at Ayce, but I don't think it is a done deal him going in the first round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Been reading this?
    LOL.

Its a balanced trade, O'Keefe at 27 is worth a first rounder at most and Hall at 31 would be lucky to get young Ray and Streeter.

As for the Ayce 2nd round thing . . . it'll happen. I've been reading this cool book .

phroosh Guest

Don't know about Barry, but we certainly won't be the only ones interested in O'Keefe.

Trades etc aren't my expertise (if I even have one) but getting even one of the three mentioned players mightn't be too easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Pardon my ignorance but who is Adam Campbell?

phroosh Guest

As an aside, the O'Keefe thing reminds me of Pavlich a while back, lots of noise, but never any intention to go anywhere. A lot of players coming out of contract float their name around to bump up their price to their existing club , and fair play to them, I guess.

Funniest thing about Pav was the SA media worked themselves into a frenzy over him coming home and it just fizzled. The icing on the cake was the Adelaide Cows passed on Pavlich in the draft for........drum roll......Ken McGregor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    He's a developing KPF who can't get a go for Fremantle ahead of Pavlich and Tarrant...Has shown some promise in the WAFL with a bag of 10, amongst other good games, but is incredibly slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phroosh View Post
    Funniest thing about Pav was the SA media worked themselves into a frenzy over him coming home and it just fizzled. The icing on the cake was the Adelaide Cows passed on Pavlich in the draft for........drum roll......Ken McGregor.
    To be fair, every club did the year before he was drafted. He was a slowish midfielder who grew into a KPP's body

phroosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    To be fair, every club did the year before he was drafted. He was a slowish midfielder who grew into a KPP's body
    Yeah, I know, but it's much funnier when Adelaide do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phroosh View Post
    I reckon it was even funnier that the following year when Richmond took Aaron Fiora at pick 3 allowing Freo to claim Pav with pick 4.

phroosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I reckon it was even funnier that the following year whenRichmond took Aaron Fiora at pick 3 allowing Freo to claim Pav with pick 4.
    Forgot about that! Wow, Richmond and Adelaide shooting themselves in the foot. Happy times.

Aaron is an old team mate of mine, and a nice fella, but pick three is awfully high for him in hindsight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farren Ray FTW View Post
    He's a developing KPF who can't get a go for Fremantle ahead of Pavlich and Tarrant...Has shown some promise in the WAFL with a bag of 10, amongst other good games, but is incredibly slow.
    If that is the case, forget it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    Channel 7 reported on Wednesday night that Campbell asked to be traded (he's still contracted for next year) and his manager was supposed to have said on 6PR that he wanted to go to the Bulldogs.

He's 23 (drafted in 2003) and has only played 10 games, including the last 4 this year. His stats are pretty underwhelming.

He's good size and kicks like a Rocca - unfortunately he has the endurance of one as well.