Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 WAFL Grand Final-Possible draftees

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Banana View Post
    Harry Taylor and Brad Dalziell both came from the WAFL last year, mature agers drafted and played AFL this year....
    These 2 , Hudson and Davies were never at 2 AFL clubs prior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs_6 View Post
    I know what you're saying and always love to hear your opinion however Llane has improved dramatically this year after his move from East Perth to Swan Districts. Take my word for it I have seen him a lot, I'm not saying he will offer us more than anyone else we can pick up but I'd definitely chew up a late pick for him, just as another chance and if he stuffs up again he's out.
    So improving in the WAFL means he'll be an AFL star given he has had 2 chances prior? Besides why would we need another ruck and a likely second rate one at that?

Bulldogs_6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    So improving in the WAFL means he'll be an AFL star given he has had 2 chances prior? Besides why would we need another ruck and a likely second rate one at that?
    I never said he would be a star

All I meant was he is worth a shot, considering the amount he has improved and hasn't been involved recently. Hell, start him off at Willy for a year and see how he goes there. If you don't mind can the Llane Spaanderman subject because I really cannot be bothered defending him when there is another person who hasn't seen him but apparently has more knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

.Chris Yarran (Swan Districts)- Very, very good talent. However I am not completely convinced, as on occasions he may come across as lazy. He could on skills and talent alone be rated as a top 5 draft pick, however he is only good on the ball. Has the makings of a Cyril Rioli at ground level and a Josh Hill in a marking contest, but as the ball slips 15-20 metres away from him he appears very lazy and unaccountable. You would expect his Aboriginal blood would allow him to run down players from ridiculous distances away but in times like today he appeared lathargic and uninvolved, which would have been a downside for all the recruiters who went to the ground today. Mind you I saw the best of him last week where he kicked 4 goals, including 2 bananas from the boundary which he made them look easy.
    Great write up B_6 ... I know the Yarran family, and this is a very accurate decription

I really cannot explain this but this big fella ran down one of the Subiaco players after starting at least 15m behind, it was unbelievable
    Was an absolutely stunning chase ... he is such an incredible athlete
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I never said he would be a star

All I meant was he is worth a shot, considering the amount he has improved and hasn't been involved recently. Hell, start him off at Willy for a year and see how he goes there. If you don't mind can the Llane Spaanderman subject because I really cannot be bothered defending him when there is another person who hasn't seen him but apparently has more knowledge.
    More knowledge about what? Llane - thats great! About what the bulldogs need - no sorry.
    In the end we don't need Wiliamstown players.

Post Thanks / Like

How old is Spanderman?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthewest View Post
    How old is Spanderman?
    Mentally about 13.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Bulldogs_6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthewest View Post
    How old is Spanderman?
    I think he's 22.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.