Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile An open letter to 13 AFL clubs that finished below us

Hi there,

We're the Western Bulldogs. We're a really great club, most people say we are their second team. We have had it pretty tough for a while now. As it happens, we finally got a father-son. We think this Ayce boy is a bit of ok, but the AFL changed the rules....

Now we were thinking. We 'could' use our first round pick on him, but that's really wasted now, and no-one really, really wins.

Or, we were thinking any club that chose not to nominate with a first rounder, but spoke to us previously, we could work with you on trading our first round pick to you. So if you were after say Daniel Kerr you could have two first round selections to get him. Wouldn't that be nice.

So instead of being silly and nominating Ayce with a first rounder, hold your tongue and rush to do business with us before any other club. We'd look at Hall in Sydney's case, Ben Reid in Collingwoods case, Kosi in St Kildas case, Hansen from North, or maybe Jack Riewoldt in Richmonds case with offers considered from Essendon (Lovett, Lucas, McPhee etc) and Carlton's Jarod Waite.

So everyone, use your heads and work out how to make the circumstances work for you. If you want Danial Kerr or another top line gun player, than please approach Scott or Rodney at Optus Oval in a few weeks for further details.

Lots of Love,

42-c-3 (on behalf of FFC t/a Western Bulldogs FC)
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 22-09-2008 at 04:47 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: An open letter to 13 AFL clubs that finsihed below us

You could send it...if the club sent it then I think the term used by the AFL would be 'draft tampering'.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    You could send it...if the club sent it then I think the term used by the AFL would be 'draft tampering'.

'Gentle persuasion' or 'draft tampering'

Really, what are words? (in the hands of lawyers...)

Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post

'Gentle persuasion' or 'draft tampering'

Really, what are words? (in the hands of lawyers...)

I'm sure Peter Gordon would look after us.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear 42-C-3,
    I read with interest your letter dated 22/9/08. As the operations manager (not really) of a club that currently holds a number of ex Western Bullldogs officials and staff I felt very strongly that I must put the case as to why we will nominate Ayce (seriously?) Cordy with our first round choice, despite feeling that he is not anywhere near worthy of a top 10 pick in the draft. Firstly, many of our staff with past links to your club are still somewhat aggrieved at the treatment they feel they were subjected to under the present administration regime at the head of your club. We are also disappointed that perhaps you didn't avail all the facts to us about a player you traded to us for pick number 19 in last years draft. We could have had an up and coming champ like Cal Ward with that pick, instead we have an unaccountable small backman with seemingly diminishing foot skills. Here at a club where virtuousness reigns we don't stand for that kind of chicanery. Oh and to top all of that off Nathan hates your guts and says we should rip you off.
    So unfortunately when October 5th rolls around we will be nominating Ayce (Really?) Cordy with our first round selection as we understand that you will under no circumstances decide against choosing him, despite the pick you may have to spend to get him.
    Yours Faithfully
    P... A....... - Ninth Placed Football Club

PS. Don't even think of pulling a swifty on us and leaving us lumbered with this bean pole. We'll get very cross.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Dear PA,

On behalf of the President, CEO, Coach, Playing Group, Past Players, Sponsors, Members and Supporters of WB/FFC I beleive I speak for us all when I say:

Get F***** and suck sh1t you ninth place finished losers who continue to trade for our dregs whilst supplying us with good draft picks. Oh, and tell Nathan I hope his decision to leave to play finals was worth it and Wallet that apparently those players could be developed more - Apparently all it took was a better coach.

PA I thank-you for taking the time to write to us via WOOF and hope to see you in two weeks, when we will offer our number one backman Cam Wight for your pick 8.

Lots of love once again,

42-C-3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Dear 42-C-3,
    I read with interest your letter dated 22/9/08. As the operations manager (not really) of a club that currently holds a number of ex Western Bullldogs officials and staff I felt very strongly that I must put the case as to why we will nominate Ayce (seriously?) Cordy with our first round choice, despite feeling that he is not anywhere near worthy of a top 10 pick in the draft. Firstly, many of our staff with past links to your club are still somewhat aggrieved at the treatment they feel they were subjected to under the present administration regime at the head of your club. We are also disappointed that perhaps you didn't avail all the facts to us about a player you traded to us for pick number 19 in last years draft. We could have had an up and coming champ like Cal Ward with that pick, instead we have an unaccountable small backman with seemingly diminishing foot skills. Here at a club where virtuousness reigns we don't stand for that kind of chicanery. Oh and to top all of that off Nathan hates your guts and says we should rip you off.
    So unfortunately when October 5th rolls around we will be nominating Ayce (Really?) Cordy with our first round selection as we understand that you will under no circumstances decide against choosing him, despite the pick you may have to spend to get him.
    Yours Faithfully
    P... A....... - Ninth Placed Football Club

PS. Don't even think of pulling a swifty on us and leaving us lumbered with this bean pole. We'll get very cross.
    Dear P... A.......,

I must say I was rather bemused to read your letter to 42-C-3, indicating your intention to be the twats you have proven yourself time and time again to be, with regards to the Ayce (yes, really) Cordy Father/Son Situation.

Whilst I can understand entirely the reasons for your intentions, I feel it is necessary to remind you of your history when it comes to drafting and trading. First of all, your most recent 'incident' regarding your gift-wrapping of pick 19 for us. All I shall say is this: the fact that you were far too lazy to watch videos, and do your own investigating as to why we were offering Jordan for trade, is not our fault. Nor is your laughable assessment of his worth. Furthermore, I feel it is also necessary to remind you that you had not one, but two opportunities to draft young Callan, and decided against it. If you wish to play into our hands in this regard, who are we to say no? I'll be kind and only make a passing mention of the names Tambling, Fiora and Kingsley. On that basis alone, the fact you do not regard Ayce (really, I mean it) Cordy as a top 10 pick to be a sign he'll be a superstar.

As for young Nathan, I do hope his ambition to play finals football in a winning team is coming along nicely, and could you please pass on to him that I wish him to suffer in his jocks, and to remind him that one reaps what one sows. He really must come and check out our new training facility also. Frow what we're told, he's not aware that training facilities have come out of the Stone Age. Oh, and let him know we really enjoy the view from up here.

Thank you very much for considering my reply.

Kind Regards

Westdog54

Post Thanks / Like

How bout..

To the 13 clubs below us,

Dont you dare look twice at our Ayce Cordy. If you do there will be hell to pay..

We will send Ryan Griffin at you like an attack dog, as you've seen on the field he runs and doesn't let anyone get in his way.

If you wish this to happen, sure show intereste, but i really wouldn't want to see you or your players all in hospital pre-2009

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty, if Richmond nominate Cordy I would be very tempted to simply let them have him.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty, if Richmond nominate Cordy I would be very tempted to simply let them have him.
    I've actually been wondering if it's maybe a very clever ruse.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Hi MJP

I'm interested to here your take on Cordy. Alot of so called experts, rate him as a top 10 pick. I know you where right on the money with Callan Ward, so I'm interested on your opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: An open letter to 13 AFL clubs that finished below us

This is a most lolsome thread. Please write more insulting letters to Richmond as I am enjoying them.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: An open letter to 13 AFL clubs that finished below us

Very funny fellow Woofers I really needed a laugh.While we are at it we want Rance and to the pies we want Reid
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning