Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's out there?

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Good read Sedat and SS.
    Agree.

Clark would be really tough to get. I said in another thread he would be good if we could pull it off.
    Re-signed with Brisbane who see him as their long term CHB. I think he's as good as untouchable unfortunately

Reid will end up another lead up type and I wouldn't pay over the odds for someone who hasn't shown much. If we are going to get a lead up tall then why pay over the odds for an unestablished one.
    Agree here, and Reid will cost an absolute packet (from a team that traded pick 14 for Wood).

Interesting that everyone seems to see Tiller's LT future as a backman. He did show a bit as a forward last year, is aggressive and has some idea of where to lead to. Doubts about his size for a 191cm player (same height as Fev, 12 kgs lighter) however I'd rather try one of our own fringe talls who will cost us nothing rather than try a Boyle who is likely to be as (in)effective and will cost us picks in the process.

Haven't seen enough of Campbell to comment but there is certainly alot of commentary floating about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Sockeye, you forgot to mention Ryan Gamble. The cats cannot fit them all in the one forward line.
    Out of your list one of Thorp (probably unattainable) Dowler (age on his side) Can play CHB, could release Williams to play CHF.
    Kosi is the other player that would have to seriously have to be considered. A 26yo man mountain who has been living in Riewoldts shadow is worth considering. A change of clubs could see him finally deliver. Would cost a 2nd round and some..........
    Otherwise there is not much that could potentially make a siginificant difference other than Kosi IMHO
    Hall could however only for 1-2 yrs and would not be willing to sacrifice our future by giving away 2nd round pick.
    Ryan Gamble = 184cm
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Geelong dont have room for Tom Hawkins?

Wouldn't mind having a tall built young forward to kick to..

What you think it would cost if they did let him go and we went after him?

Post Thanks / Like

Our first TWO picks at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    It was Leo BARRY, not BARRY Hall
    Correct - though that extension to his exisitn gcontract that could possiobly see him at the kennell apparently isn't a concern to Paul Roos - the below was part of a bigger article about Daniel Kerr on the Fox Sports Website

The Sydney coach is however confident that former captain Barry Hall, 31, will play out his career with the Swans after he had been linked to the Western Bulldogs earlier in the week.

"Hally has one more year of a contract with us and he's fine with the fact that he'll be approached next season about an extension," Roos said.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Hopefully Geelong dont have room for Tom Hawkins?

Wouldn't mind having a tall built young forward to kick to..

What you think it would cost if they did let him go and we went after him?
    You would have to convince Hawkins he is better off with us. Then you would have to offer Geelong a player they would actually be tempted to take. Your looking at giving up Cooney or Griffen at a minimum. They are not going to give up Tom Hawkins.

Post Thanks / Like

If only it was as easy as giving then Farren Ray & 2nd Round pick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ryan Gamble = 184cm
    Brereton = 185cm. If you have a natural ability to kick goals from full fwd, you are welcome at our club

Post Thanks / Like

Brereton = 185cm. If you have a natural ability to kick goals from full fwd, you are welcome at our club
    The world was different.

Darryl Baldock played CHF @ 180cm, Jack Titus played FF @ 177cm.

Jack Dyer rucked @ 185cm.

That was then, this is now.

I agree, though, that there is always room for another good player, just what will they add relative to their cost.

Post Thanks / Like

We are looking for someone to be CHF/FF not a pip squeek. Minimum requirement for me is 193cm plus.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We are looking for someone to be CHF/FF not a pip squeek. Minimum requirement for me is 193cm plus.
    I'd take a 191cm type - Fev or Pav

Post Thanks / Like

That was another time, another place.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering what Kosi could do with a simple set of instructions.

TAKE MARKS IN THE FORWARD 50.

St. Kilda play him all over the shop and half the time he and Riewoldt spoil each other in pack mark situations.
    Trading Kosi could be a win win for the saints.
    You just can't have Kosi competing with another tall forward. He has tunnel vision and doesn't know when to go and when to pull back.
    Kosi would be a good fit for us if he was the only tall. I think it would suit his style of play.
    And we've got the opportunists to crumb the spoils.
    I would definitely consider him.
    CHF or FF every week no exceptions. No spells in the ruck, defence etc etc. I think that whoever uses Kosi should use him that way. And I'll say it again he can't play in the same forward line as Riewoldt as they both have tunnel vision for the ball in flight andf spoil each other. It's ugly and messy.

Post Thanks / Like

What would the Roos want for Corey Jones? He is no longer on the untouchables list at North. I think Dogs 24/7 floated that idea a couple of weeks ago.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Another mid sized inconsistent forward....... forget it.