Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck 'little' Libba

Good luck, not that he'll need any. He played a ripping game for St Bernards U/16 firsts team winning them the priemership and himself the BOG medal.

This week the 178cm Tom Liberatore is representing Vic Metro in the first division under 16 grandfinal at the MCG tomorrow starting at 11am.

All the best young man and show us we've got another gun f/s selection.

Good luck and well done.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 26-09-2008 at 03:51 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good Luck 'little' Libba

As an aside, he is 17 in May next year. Could he be drafted, or is he just a tad too young then

If we wanted him and say little Fossie and Braedon Jones, we might be in a good position to dampen the effects of GC17 drafts.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    As an aside, he is 17 in May next year. Could he be drafted, or is he just a tad too young then

If we wanted him and say little Fossie and Braedon Jones, we might be in a good position to dampen the effects of GC17 drafts.
    Too young for next year.

Little Fossie? Has Peter Foster got a boy who can play as well?

Mitch Wallis must be over his injury by now but he missed out on selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Too young for next year.

Little Fossie? Has Peter Foster got a boy who can play as well?

Mitch Wallis must be over his injury by now but he missed out on selection.
    My bad SS, i meat to say little Walli.

I think Wallis had too long out, he was BOG in the prelim the week before and kicked two in the GF. His co-caption Mitchell got a gig tomorrow. Hopefully if he stays fir he can break back into the metro squad.

Post Thanks / Like

My bad SS, i meat to say little Walli.
    Bugger. I thought we had another one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Bugger. I thought we had another one.
    What happened to Ej jnr's son. I gather he didn't cut make the grade?

Post Thanks / Like

I trained with a lot of those Werribee boys last year and for him to get the BOG for StB is impressive

Post Thanks / Like

Question re Rules:

If we took Libba and Wallis f/s in the same year. What would happen if other clubs nominated them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I trained with a lot of those Werribee boys last year and for him to get the BOG for StB is impressive
    It is quite impressive as I know a few of them too, but to be fair, Werribee played pretty poorly that day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It is quite impressive as I know a few of them too, but to be fair, Werribee played pretty poorly that day.
    They started ok according to reports, or was there a wind?

Post Thanks / Like

Question re Rules:

If we took Libba and Wallis f/s in the same year. What would happen if other clubs nominated them?
    Assume masters Liberatore & Wallis are potential F/S selections in the same year.

The questions are asked in reverse ladder order & say a side with pick 8 nominates Mitchell Wallis, we can use our next available selection (pick 14) on him.

The same process is then applied with regard to Tom Liberatore & let's say a team with selection 12 or even selection 21 nominates him, we can then use our next available pick (selection 32) on him.

If you know you are getting a gun player under F/S, you can't trade away your first round selection & use your 2nd round pick because F/S selections have been completed already as that happens before trade week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Assume masters Liberatore & Wallis are potential F/S selections in the same year.

The questions are asked in reverse ladder order & say a side with pick 8 nominates Mitchell Wallis, we can use our next available selection (pick 14) on him.

The same process is then applied with regard to Tom Liberatore & let's say a team with selection 12 or even selection 21 nominates him, we can then use our next available pick (selection 32) on him.

If you know you are getting a gun player under F/S, you can't trade away your first round selection & use your 2nd round pick because F/S selections have been completed already as that happens before trade week.
    Might get one pretty cheap that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Scenario:

What if two sides nominated pick 8 and 10 for both boys and we have pick 16?

Can we get both?

Post Thanks / Like

Scenario:

What if two sides nominated pick 8 and 10 for both boys and we have pick 16?

Can we get both?
    Yes.

They do it one at a time, so in that scenario we would be locked into using our 'next available' selection each time.

Just re-read my post & it should be clear enough, I hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.

They do it one at a time, so in that scenario we would be locked into using our 'next available' selection each time.

Just re-read my post & it should be clear enough, I hope.
    Sorry Baz i confused myself...

Both boys should be in the same draft. Which means if we like the look of both we've got some bargains.

Just hope Ayce is as good as they say and Braedon Jones is worth while and our future stocks of pups for cheaps prices is good. And it will cover the GC17 drafts just nicely. Now to see if Clayton got any Fijian's signed up cheap...

We need a 5 children policy for all players who have played 200 games for us.