Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shane Birss gets the flick

And yet they are considering an absolute spud in Nathan Carroll who is older than Birss and has a rap sheet a mile long - go figure

Gardiner, Cousins and Carroll in the one team - they must be trying to reprise the roaring days of the Moorabbin social club

Post Thanks / Like

The article to me shows what a class act he is as a guy, he could have whinged to the paper about how he'd had no inkling it was coming etc

The Saints never gave him a huge opportunity. Attard, Dempster and then a range of rookies were preferred over him, and I thought a few times he was dropped after playing genuinely well - seemed to be a Lyon scapegoat. Interesting the Saints are planning to add Nathan Carroll and Ben Cousins on the back of delisting a player with such integrity.

He started with Willy as a backpocket. If he doesn't get another opportunity to play AFL then I'd like to see Willy sign him. I think he'd be a good teammates for our our younger players to have whilst playing VFL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    He started with Willy as a backpocket. If he doesn't get another opportunity to play AFL then I'd like to see Willy sign him. I think he'd be a good teammates for our our younger players to have whilst playing VFL
    And won a B & F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

If Peter Street is getting offered 100K for 3 years of service in the SANFL you would have to think that Birss would get this amount of money over 2 which would be out of Willi's price range.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Why would you care?

Unless you're shagging him.

Excuse me....

I want him to stay in Melbourne because apart from Will hes my fav player in the league, ive followed his career since the day we drafted him. My aunty knows his family, so yes im a huge fan of his and would love for him to stay in Melbourne, so i can continue to watch him play live.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If Peter Street is getting offered 100K for 3 years of service in the SANFL you would have to think that Birss would get this amount of money over 2 which would be out of Willi's price range.
    Is that 100K multiplied 3 or 100K divided by 3 ?

Post Thanks / Like

He is a class act. Think he would be a good pickup for Melbourne - true class act, very hard worker, would be cheap to pick up and will be 29 when all their young guys start coming into their prime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    He is a class act. Think he would be a good pickup for Melbourne - true class act, very hard worker, would be cheap to pick up and will be 29 when all their young guys start coming into their prime.
    Good call Top Dog I too think he would fit well at Melbourne or possibly Fremantle for the same reason
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else loosely see the Brent Guerra type similar circumstances?

I.e. - BG moved on from Port and the Saints. Tough at mid-fielder, can tag and shut down, kick the occasional goal. Mid twenties when cut the second time, with decent experience in games and added some much needed grunt to a young team (Hawks)... A bit like Shane although Shane kicks more goals.

I think someone like the dees or someone even a little closer to the 'window' could do with Shane. He's not the difference between winning a premiership or not, but he still has value in the AFL i think, and i think he could be exactly the same as Guerra and what he has done with his 3rd club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023