Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    sandy007 Guest

Best young player not to have played seniors

Who is the best young player on the list? Any reason why Boumann and Stack didn't get a go?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best young player not to have played seniors

I'll do this one.

Boumann - Played the first 12 or so games in the VFL reserves and got better as the season went on. He played 2 or 3 in the VFL senior's and barely got a kick. He is still a fair way off AFL footy.

Stack - Played well in the first half of the season in the VFL seniors, but seeing as though we (Western Bulldogs) lost only 1 game in our first 15 games he found it pretty hard to break into the team, as did a few other's. He was injured for the last 1/3 of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant, i believe Eade said he would play seniors this year but some unfortunate injuries stopped it happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Stack is the best performed young player not to have played senior football but I'd keep an eye out for Easton Wood as he will get a lot better next season as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Stack is the best performed young player not to have played senior football but I'd keep an eye out for Easton Wood as he will get a lot better next season as well.
    He is a real goer but at times his disposal is woeful, although you'd expect that from a young bloke who hasn't played a heap of footy. Hopefully he works hard on his kicking over the pre-season because it's the only thing stopping him from being a really good footballer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He is a real goer but at times his disposal is woeful, although you'd expect that from a young bloke who hasn't played a heap of footy. Hopefully he works hard on his kicking over the pre-season because it's the only thing stopping him from being a really good footballer.
    I don't think his disposal is woeful but it is inconsistent and certainly something that needs to be worked on. He still also needs to work out where to run etc but he started to improve during the season once they used him as a defender giving him a direct opponent to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt see much of Williamstown but from what I did O'Keefe looked the most advanced of the guys who are yet to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Didnt see much of Williamstown but from what I did O'Keefe looked the most advanced of the guys who are yet to play.
    O'Keefe did well but his tapered off a lot in the last half of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    O'Keefe did well but his tapered off a lot in the last half of the season.
    His form from the practice games, where he played in the seniors against Carlton at Princes Park, through to about round 12 or so was very good.

As the year went on he did tire - whether that was injury, more attention from the opposition or just fatigue we cant know

I think he's the most advanced player to have not yet debuted, but Stack and Wood are also in the running

For my money Boumann is miles off at this stage

Post Thanks / Like

On talent, I am not afraid to say that Jarryd Grant is the best player to not have played seniors. Whether he can fulfill that potential, time will tell..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    On talent, I am not afraid to say that Jarryd Grant is the best player to not have played seniors. Whether he can fulfill that potential, time will tell..........
    He only played a couple of decent games for Williamstown so it's hard to see the talent but purely on potential I would agree with that.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.