Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones: Round 3 edition

Welcome to 3rd installment of Hotties & Notties. Posters in the previous threads have asked about why I have picked certain sides as hot and not so here is the formula I use to pick out my hotties and notties
    - Most important factor: Last game they have played.
    - Next most important factor: Last couple of games before that
    - Next, next most important factor: Season in general
    - Probably the most important factor when I come to think about it: Random rubbish that comes to mind the night I do it.
    - Also, pretty important: Quality of YouTube videos the club puts out.

HOT

St.Kilda

Their defensive pressure has been great this year but the most promising thing has been their improvement in attack. Dal Santo and Kosi are back and Montagna is turning into the gun explosive midfielder they need. Freo at home next up, that percentage might just get healthier.

Essendon
    Congratulations to the inaugural nottie to hottie. Lloyd made a few critics look silly with 5 goals. They seem to rate beating Carlton on par with winning 10 premierships in a row these days, so good on them.

Western Bulldogs

Isn't it great to put in a relatively poor performance and still win by 8 goals? Beating the Tiges is always fun and watching Wallace front up On The Couch was the icing on the cake.

--------------Hot/Not Equator---------------------------- (not drawn to scale)--------------------

Fremantle

The modern game places an enormous value on pace and disposal and Freo are sadly lacking in both areas. Who in their midfield warrants close checking? Pav reminds of the underachievers from the Clerks movies. I am enjoying Cameron Noakes' Freo love though.

Richmond

We were below our best today and still beat them by 8 goals. Can anyone in their side outside of Newman kick a football? Jake King pretty much sums them up at the moment.

North Melbourne

Chookgate and a 9 goal loss get them the gong this week. Theye explosiveness of Wells and Harvey is vital to North but both have struggled massively. On that video, what I found most offensive was how unfunny it was. Don't quit your day job North Melbourne, what that is.

NOT

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones: Round 3 edition

I can't beleive 'the fab four' which are yet to collectively achieve anything fell of the hot list.

Saints doggies in a few weeks looms large to determine who is really a hottie.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    I can't beleive 'the fab four' which are yet to collectively achieve anything fell of the hot list.

Saints doggies in a few weeks looms large to determine who is really a hottie.
    Richmond vs Melbourne this week does the opposite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Richmond vs Melbourne this week does the opposite.
    Could it be the innaugural Rocco Jones 'Nottie' Cup?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    Could it be the innaugural Rocco Jones 'Nottie' Cup?
    Sounds like another good reason to tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Neither will have to try too hard

If the Tiges cant get the chocolates against the Dees then I'd look to get out of the G early as their fans start tearing it down

Of the Fab four - Judd was close to BOG and Murphy was very good. I dont think they deserve to be notties, but its a ridiculous nickname when they include Stevens.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on Demons!Just heard the worst excuse for a player being positively putrid. Tambling's wife just had a baby 3 days ago, what a load of dogs bollox.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

If the Tiges cant get the chocolates against the Dees then I'd look to get out of the G early as their fans start tearing it down

Don't worry about the G. I think there supporters will be heading straight over to Punt Road.

Bring on the chicken $hit.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a matter of whom can out-tank who?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post

Bring on the chicken $hit.
    No need to bring Little Boris into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Come on Demons!Just heard the worst excuse for a player being positively putrid. Tambling's wife just had a baby 3 days ago, what a load of dogs bollox.
    Cooney spent the entire night before a game at the hospital bedside of his sick daughter and came out and got BOG!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Cooney spent the entire night before a game at the hospital bedside of his sick daughter and came out and got BOG!
    Yeah I remember Wyndy spending a night before a game at the hospital and coming out to smash Corey McKernan.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon
    They seem to rate beating Carlton on par with winning 10 premierships in a row these days, so good on them.
    Exactly! The son of my partner, unfortunately an unreconstructed Essendon supporter who unlike his mother has yet to see the light, says Knighter can coach the Dons forever as long as they keep beating Carlton; ignore all the other results for the year, they pale into insignificance.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    Exactly! The son of my partner, unfortunately an unreconstructed Essendon supporter who unlike his mother has yet to see the light, says Knighter can coach the Dons forever as long as they keep beating Carlton; ignore all the other results for the year, they pale into insignificance.
    Gary O'Donnell was rather excited!

Post Thanks / Like

Rocco, No Will Minson in the hotties??