Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In the game of the father

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Because other sides wont be able to resist playing games with the current F/S set up. It's a stupid system and the one thing that defines it from the previous system is the ability it provides clubs to abuse it.

I hate this F/S method with a passion.
    I expect that a side with two top F/S prospects a year apart will get the older of the two to put off nominating for a year and pick them both up together so one will go with a 2nd rounder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I expect that a side with two top F/S prospects a year apart will get the older of the two to put off nominating for a year and pick them both up together so one will go with a 2nd rounder.
    Sensible approach.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    In theory is good, but look at Sam Sheldon; Carlton tried that with him but he said stuff ya, i want to play footy now and Brisbane are willing to draft me now.

There is also the possibility that we may not rate either kid as a first round draft pick and if someone else does we might just call their bluff and let them draft them.