Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wallace, Richmond part ways

I reckon I'll pass this little stuff up to Media Watch, let's see if they'll shed some light on how this whole thing got started.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DexterT View Post
    I reckon I'll pass this little stuff up to Media Watch, let's see if they'll shed some light on how this whole thing got started.
    What is even funnier DexterT is that when it all happend Mark Robinson's name was all over it, now its gone to crap "staff writer" or Jay Clark with AAP are the jurno's on the story now.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the big media reporters were so keen to get the first scoop they might of jumped the gun.

Although i do think there is something fishy going on.

* Why was Terry at home watching videos instead of at training
    * Why did the leadership group get pulled aside for a meeting without Terry during a regular training session? couldn't they wait till after training?
    * Was there an issue with the post match address from Terry to the players?

Post Thanks / Like

That's the thing "something fishy" does not translate to "Wallace Sacked".

Lazy and inaccurate Journalism.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Cyberdoggie on this...much more to this than meets the eye!! Maybe the senior players have something to do with the change of heart?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    What is even funnier DexterT is that when it all happend Mark Robinson's name was all over it, now its gone to crap "staff writer" or Jay Clark with AAP are the jurno's on the story now.
    Caroline Wilson was doing exactly the same at The Age ... I too think there is more to this than meets the eye
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DexterT View Post
    That's the thing "something fishy" does not translate to "Wallace Sacked".

Lazy and inaccurate Journalism.

That is exactly right, we'll start calling the Hun The Truth soon, and you can tell from the way Caro tried to justify some of her stories that she pretty much goes on a hunch than a fact, just to get a story out there, if all the pieces seem to fit, then it MUST be true, so pretty much guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Looks like the big media reporters were so keen to get the first scoop they might of jumped the gun.

Although i do think there is something fishy going on.

* Why was Terry at home watching videos instead of at training

* Why did the leadership group get pulled aside for a meeting without Terry during a regular training session? couldn't they wait till after training?
    * Was there an issue with the post match address from Terry to the players?
    Its Tuesday so you get good deals on Tuesday, like 2 overnights and 3weekly's for $12.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot more than meets the eye.
    I believe he was asked to resign but because he will look a real goose walking out on another contract and Richmond won't pay him out, he won't walk.
    Its also possibly too early in the season to start tanking, for a caretakerw coach its a poison chalace, win games and don't get good draft picks, lose games and dont get the job next year.
    Is is possible the leadership group thought with all the over 30s at Richmond, a new coach would say 'out with you we are rebuilding', so I think the palyers are trying to save their skin first.

Could only happen at Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Is is possible the leadership group thought with all the over 30s at Richmond, a new coach would say 'out with you we are rebuilding', so I think the players are trying to save their skin first
    Good point you raise there Ernie.

Post Thanks / Like

Is is possible the leadership group thought with all the over 30s at Richmond, a new coach would say 'out with you we are rebuilding', so I think the palyers are trying to save their skin first.

The leadership group at Richmond is made up of:

Chris Newman (CAPT)
    Nathan Foley (V.CAPT)
    Brett Deledio & Kelvin Moore

I don't see too many over 30's in that group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Chris Newman (CAPT)
    Nathan Foley (V.CAPT)

Well there is another problem you alert us to Mantis, as a leadership group you would think blokes with the experience of Richo and Browny a couple of over 30s would be a given for a leadership group.

But in saying that i heard a little birdy on the radio the other week say while the team was warming up, Browny and Richo went their own way to kick to kick to each other, wouldnt you think these blokes would be in with the young ones encouraging etc.

Probably points to another strange way of doing things at Richmond, that kind of thing would certainly fall on the coaches shoulders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Chris Newman (CAPT)
    Nathan Foley (V.CAPT)

Ok doesn't mean they were advised by Richo, Johnson, Simmonds, Brown ,Cousins and co. Nor does it mean they are happy for them to be let go.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot more than meets the eye.
    I believe he was asked to resign but because he will look a real goose walking out on another contract and Richmond won't pay him out, he won't walk.
    Its also possibly too early in the season to start tanking, for a caretakerw coach its a poison chalace, win games and don't get good draft picks, lose games and dont get the job next year.

I thought the Save our Skin campaign was in the 90s

Post Thanks / Like

Ok doesn't mean they were advised by Richo, Johnson, Simmonds, Brown ,Cousins and co. Nor does it mean they are happy for them to be let go.
    The players you mentioned ES were actually at the meeting with Gary March yesterday, apparently there were 15 odd players there. So yes your theory still maybe correct.