Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wallace, Richmond part ways

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I thought the Save our Skin campaign was in the 90s
    It was and it worked.
    Saved their skin but nothing else............
    Like their heart for example.

Post Thanks / Like

The media are like awhite pointer with blood in it's nostrils. Very strange to have a meeting involving players when training is taking place,also this is only biding time for yet another board meeting in 4 weeks time. BTW Terry ordinary band aid recruiting has cost your career not Mitch Mortons errant foot.Big problem in our code when media types think they're the biggest celebrities in the game

Post Thanks / Like

Wallace retains sense of humour

EVEN in the darkest times it's important to maintain your sense of humour.

You would think that Terry Wallace had been through enough come the middle of this week – reports abounded that he'd been sacked, then unsacked, then never sacked, then the players had revolted, then they hadn't.

And that was all by Tuesday lunchtime.

But it got worse for Wallace, who is just a few weeks away from clocking up 500 games as player and coach.

"I'll start on a lighter note, before we get going," he said at the start of his media conference at Punt Rd on Friday.

"How's your week going along when you're sitting there and you think everything that could have possibly happened has happened to you – a full day of work yesterday, and jump in the car last night, heading home.

"Got the full regalia of Richmond gear on – cap, tracksuit, the full lot – driving down the Eastern freeway, right in the middle of peak hour traffic, and I get a flat tyre.

"Six thousand cars passing by, and I don't know whether at this stage I'll actually get out and change it, so if there's some people around who saw this idiot driving along with a flat, just humping along on the side of the road until he got off at Bulleen Rd, they now know why.

"That's the sort of week it's been.

"So, anyway, fire away."
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    So the media get it wrong AGAIN?
    It is not without some poignancy that I recall the saying, "Is it true, or did you read it in the Herald Sun?"

There was the infamous H-S banner headline which announced the Libs had won a Federal election that they lost.

While there are plenty of intelligent and ethical journos, for many others facts just get in the way of their determination to run the world in collusion with the paper's owners.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler