Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost Dog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lost Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    West was a magnificent player ... one of the best our club had seen, and therefore deserved a much bigger hullabaloo and the end of his career. What he received was a travesty ... BUT I knew it was coming, you knew it was coming, the club knew it was coming, Westy knew it was coming. It shouldn't have come as such a shock !!

Why he didn't get the send off he so richly deserved ... I'm still waiting for an appropriate explanation
    We all thought he might be gone but in reality nothing was confirmed and the door was ever so slightly ajar.

West and Fantasia were also guests at one of the finals games functions I attended and there was no indication during the interviewing that he was gone.

Why didn't it happen earlier? Perhaps the driving reason was that the club wanted no distractions leading into the finals once it was confirmed that Wests injury would mean he would play no part in it.

I sympathise with the club especially Eade and Fantasia because a mixture of devastating news that needs to be delivered and an emotional player won't make a great cocktail but I'd like to think with the power of hindsight we could have done things in a more satisfactory manner.
    The general view is that West actions forced the clubs hand but I still don't see it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lost Dog

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We all thought he might be gone but in reality nothing was confirmed and the door was ever so slightly ajar.

West and Fantasia were also guests at one of the finals games functions I attended and there was no indication during the interviewing that he was gone.

Why didn't it happen earlier? Perhaps the driving reason was that the club wanted no distractions leading into the finals once it was confirmed that Wests injury would mean he would play no part in it.

I sympathise with the club especially Eade and Fantasia because a mixture of devastating news that needs to be delivered and an emotional player won't make a great cocktail but I'd like to think with the power of hindsight we could have done things in a more satisfactory manner.
    The general view is that West actions forced the clubs hand but I still don't see it that way.
    Nobody came out of it very well. We ended up looking as if a long serving and devoted clubman had been thrown out with the garbage, Westy looked as if he didn't show much maturity.

Here's the rub for me. Coaching and working with fotballers effectively is based on tuning messages etc to the individual, this implies an intimate knowledge of how they will react to certain situations.

Yet after spending half his life with us we so badly misread his likely reaction, or even worse didn't think it through in advance.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler