Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A week to forget for a sad, bitter champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    A week to forget for a sad, bitter journalist
    That's more appropriate - maybe I should change the thread title.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Caro calling Aker bitter? Talk about the pot and the kettle!! Prior to seeing this garbage, I had very little respect for Caroline Wilson's media work. Now I have ZERO. For her to make those preposterous claims from afar, when she had NOTHING to do with any of it, absolutely stinks. So he's upset by a supposed "mate" no-showing his wedding? BIG DEAL, I WOULD BE TOO! And how bitter is it that he didn't go because he "didn't agree" with Aker's success!

Wilson claims the players hesitated before chairing Aker off... they've just finished busting a gut trying to get a win, what are they supposed to do, hoist him overhead in an instant? God, she p***** me off! She doubts the club will want him next season - she's got no involvement in the club, what does she base this on? Current form - he's easily been our best player over the last month.

He was a "consultant" at Brisbane? Where he won the Brownlow, and played BIG roles in 3 PREMIERSHIPS? God, how stupid is she? And as a "consultant" at the Dogs, he's won at least 2 games for us this year. He has repeatedly stated in the media that he loves our club, the players, coaches etc... and yet Wilson says he can't let go of Brisbane?

Fair dinkum, I'm a peaceful man, but she really riles me....
    AndrewP6 - your words are true and correct! That woman calls herself a sports journalist, expert on AFL? OMG - I just couldn't believe what I was reading. As someone else said, she obviously doesn't watch TV or else she would have seen Aker on Before the Game talking about the Leigh Matthews/injury article. Now I fully understand why she annoys the beejeezus out of me if I happen to watch Footy Classified - she is an embarrassment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    I dont think Caro said much wrong. Aker didnt need to pick old scabs last week. Whether he was prompted or not.

Very childish and selfish. Some of the reason's why Brisbane flicked him.
    Jerry, I don't know if you see the irony that you think you can call anyone else childish and selfish without first looking in the mirror. Not surprised at all that you agree with Caro.

Why don't you just **** off and save the rest of us the grief.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    On current performances, you can't see him not playing next season. I wish they do just to stick it up her.

Thats the biggest load of crap in this article. Hestitation? She was looking for anything and read it the way she wanted to.

I doubt thats the case especially the Bulldogs fans. He has won games for us. Been worth every cent and more.
    Totally agree with everything you've said ES.

The guy not only won a Brownlow and Premierships, he also won a 'Most Professional Player' award up in Brisbane, voted by his teammates. You don't win something like that without the deepest admiration and respect, hardly a sign of a 'consultant'.

Rubbish journalism. Caro does herself a disservice with such drivel -- she's the saddest, most bitter thing going around at the moment.

ps. There are still Brisbane people who LOVE Aker -- you don't get that with a mercenary. Caro will never get it. She just wants to bag the Dogs, so she'll shit-stir -- talk about bitter Richmond people, she could be their leader.

Post Thanks / Like

Worth 1000 words...

NB

Post Thanks / Like

I am no oil painting but her journalism suits her looks.

Post Thanks / Like

As Aker is contracted by The Herald Sun, maybe he declined an interview with the Age in the lead up to his 300th and this is Caro's response. Petty, to say the least but definitely not below Caro's standards.

She is one of the many reasons I do not buy The Age and the single reason I do not watch Footy Classifieds.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

This is possibly the worst article she has ever written.
    Clutching at straws for controversy.

Post Thanks / Like

Should the Dogs put in a complaint to the AFL about 'an Age football journalist' launching an unsubstantiated 'attack on our people'? No, that would be childish.

What she's said about Aker in this article is nasty and circumstantial rubbish, and is far worse than anything he's said about anyone at the Lions.

Post Thanks / Like

She's making me sexist....................Bitch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    She's making me sexist....................Bitch.
    Maybe Sam Newman was right then
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    As Aker is contracted by The Herald Sun, maybe he declined an interview with the Age in the lead up to his 300th and this is Caro's response. Petty, to say the least but definitely not below Caro's standards.

She is one of the many reasons I do not buy The Age and the single reason I do not watch Footy Classifieds.
    Ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid woman. A great leadup for Aker, his articles and interviews and not lesat his game were all entertaining, I really enjoyed last week. Caro go save the tiges from imploding and leave us alone if you cant be positive, at least dont try to bring a man down in an important week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Caro's article on Aker....

A week to forget for a sad, bitter champion
    The Age
    Caroline Wilson | May 24, 2009

... Four years on and Voss is coaching Brisbane with his former teammate Justin Leppitsch as an assistant. Leppitsch was one member of the leadership group who disapproved of Akermanis' behaviour and on the eve of his 300th game — in case you hadn't noticed that milestone took place two nights ago — the Western Bulldog described Leppitsch as a flawed leader who had divided and not united the Brisbane Lions. ...
    What is with this sarcastic comment about Aker's 300th milestone? I have never been a particular fan of Aker and his mouth, but his football achievements can never be questioned. 300 games is no mean feat and deserves more respect than this and it most certainly deserves a lot of media coverage.

What is the intent of this article? More than just a news item, it seems to be a none too subtle dig at a highly decorated footballer. What a strange woman Ms Wilson is. Some of her articles I find interesting, others not, but this one reads as quite petty and nasty.

I hope Aker doesn't respond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsBulldog View Post
    What is with this sarcastic comment about Aker's 300th milestone? I have never been a particular fan of Aker and his mouth, but his football achievements can never be questioned. 300 games is no mean feat and deserves more respect than this and it most certainly deserves a lot of media coverage.

What is the intent of this article? More than just a news item, it seems to be a none too subtle dig at a highly decorated footballer. What a strange woman Ms Wilson is. Some of her articles I find interesting, others not, but this one reads as quite petty and nasty.

I hope Aker doesn't respond.
    I am sure he will be asked in some media outlet this week about this article and I'm sure he will give his opinion (as he always does)

I think we may need to lock him in a closet this week such that he doesn't make comment on this piece of indifferent journalism.