Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Betezy and the Western Bulldogs – a winning quinella

The Western Bulldogs are pleased to announce a new three year partnership with one of Australia’s leading betting agency’s Betezy and the launch of the new site www.doggiesbet.com.au to service members and supporters.

Betezy, an AFL approved betting provider, is one of seven sports wagering providers to have signed an information-sharing agreement with the AFL.

Western Bulldogs Chief Executive, Campbell Rose said, “This is an important addition to the Club’s list of corporate partners. It is exciting to secure a three year agreement which provides the opportunity to make the partnership rewarding for both parties as well as our Club members.”

“Doggiesbet.com.au will help support our Club’s community activities as well as our ongoing Football operations,” Rose said.

Betezy CEO, Vince McDonald, said the company accepts telephone and internet bets on racing, sports and entertainment and was one of a number of sports betting providers approved by the AFL on 1 January 2009.

“We are proud to be associated with the Western Bulldogs, a club that has a strong community focus and is positioned in one of the fastest growing regions in Australia.” McDonald said.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Betezy and the Western Bulldogs – a winning quinella

Any estimate of the financials behind it?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding news. The additional sponsorship will help the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

The Western Bulldogs are pleased to announce a new three year partnership with one of Australia’s leading betting agency’s Betezy and the launch of the new site www.doggiesbet.com.au to service members and supporters.

Betezy, an AFL approved betting provider, is one of seven sports wagering providers to have signed an information-sharing agreement with the AFL.

Western Bulldogs Chief Executive, Campbell Rose said, “This is an important addition to the Club’s list of corporate partners. It is exciting to secure a three year agreement which provides the opportunity to make the partnership rewarding for both parties as well as our Club members.”

“Doggiesbet.com.au will help support our Club’s community activities as well as our ongoing Football operations,” Rose said.

Betezy CEO, Vince McDonald, said the company accepts telephone and internet bets on racing, sports and entertainment and was one of a number of sports betting providers approved by the AFL on 1 January 2009.

“We are proud to be associated with the Western Bulldogs, a club that has a strong community focus and is positioned in one of the fastest growing regions in Australia.” McDonald said.
    Yeah, and also amongst the most generous to calculated gaming magnates. I don't relish the idea of the 'community club' being used as diplomatic cover for these mobs.

To "service" members and supporters? Positive news for the club, but don't dress it up as something it's not. It's a state sanctioned licence to steal.

The AFL has no balls.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Yeah, and also amongst the most generous to calculated gaming magnates. I don't relish the idea of the 'community club' being used as diplomatic cover for these mobs.

To "service" members and supporters? Positive news for the club, but don't dress it up as something it's not. It's a state sanctioned licence to steal.

The AFL has no balls.
    RS, I know you have an (admirable) aversion to gambling organisations, however this seems to be merely a "white-label" type of arrangement, which would leave plenty of room for them to leverage off every other organisation in the community if 100 others refuse.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no moral crusader and truth be known don't even harbour any particular grudge against gambling as a concept in its own right, it's more the colossal extent to which the gaming industry has infiltrated this bloody state, and made government at all levels subservient in the process.

Then there's the destructive fallout for indviduals, families and communities alike, while these pricks count their cash.

They prey on morons, drones, and the weak. I'm all for personal responsibility, as long as it's married with corporate responsibility and principled governance.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

They prey on morons, drones, and the weak. I'm all for personal responsibility, as long as it's married with corporate responsibility and principled governance.
    And there I was about to join up to my 5th online betting account, not now!!

Post Thanks / Like

Warning moral police approaching. RESPONSIBLE ADULTS SHOULD MAKE RESPONSIBLE DECISIONS. great news,morons and drones will always get their fix anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL has no balls.
    yeah I hear what you're saying but I also want a FOOTBALL CLUB TO FOLLOW for years to come! I adress my question mark over the thousands who haven't re-signed

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this is the sponsorship that replaces EzyBonds who couldn't commit for this year.

I wonder if their logo will appear on the shorts?

I also wonder that given that they are a Northern Territory based company if it will have any influence in our plans to play a couple of games up in Darwin in the next few years or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I wonder if their logo will appear on the shorts?
    When we signed on with Mission Foods part of the deal was that they would have their logo appear on both our jumpers & shorts.

I think we may have under sold ourselves a little with the Mission deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    When we signed on with Mission Foods part of the deal was that they would have their logo appear on both our jumpers & shorts.

I think we may have under sold ourselves a little with the Mission deal.
    Can't we have two logos?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m pretty disappointed in the club for going down this path. I’ve already written an email to the club about the extra poker machines put in place and what effects it can have. I’ve seen someone’s life be destroyed from it!

Which is why I will not be a member of a club which is supporting gambling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsman View Post
    I’m pretty disappointed in the club for going down this path. I’ve already written an email to the club about the extra poker machines put in place and what effects it can have. I’ve seen someone’s life be destroyed from it!

Which is why I will not be a member of a club which is supporting gambling!
    Firstly, there are no new poker machines being introduced. It's just the same ones being moved up a couple of blocks.

Secondly, moral high horses are fine but are you similarly not supporting anything with cigarette, fast food and alcohol sponsorships, all which destroy more lives than gambling could ever hope to. If you can honestly say you don't support any organization with those types of sponsors then fair enough and by all means continue with your moral crusade. However, if you do, take a good hard look at the hypocrite staring at you in the mirror mate.

Unfortunately, (as with cigarettes and alcohol) gambling is both harmful and legal. The Doggies admin are just doing what needs to be done for us to be financially viable, and we do a whole hell of alot more good in the community than we do bad. That is more than some other clubs who have stronger ties with gambling establishments. So personally my problem with this is minimal at worst.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is disappointing. But not particularly surprising.

As for those of you who want to complain about people and their moral high horses, personal responsibility and not doing anything to stop tobacco or alcohol abuse, go f**k your yourselves.

The evidence is in, gambling is incredibly damaging to those affected by it aversely. The club has other options and is not choosing to use them. So be it.

But don't come on here and sook about political correctness and crow about washing your hands of any social responsibility for people who make poor choices for any number of reasons that are none of your business.

Moral high horses indeed, you are a pack of heartless cowards who celebrate putting your football club over the needs of actual humans. Not even the club is doing that.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!