Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Elliotts reign at Carlton

I love the fact that Pigs Arse thinks nearly all the women made it up!How the hell would he know? Just a pathetic attempt from yesterdays man to garner up some publicity for his website or his high rating show on ch 31.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I love the fact that Pigs Arse thinks nearly all the women made it up!How the hell would he know? Just a pathetic attempt from yesterdays man to garner up some publicity for his website or his high rating show on ch 31.
    Maybe but thats one hell of a story, i imagine Carlton would be ropeable on this, can you imagine how many women memberships it could effect?
    Out and out stupid, no good can come of it at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Demetriou will completely ignore this..............just watch.

Post Thanks / Like

No action on Carlton sex pay-off claims
    Courtney Walsh, Greg Denham | June 22, 2009 12:05pm

THE AFL is yet to discuss whether it will approach Carlton about claims that the club paid off women who complained of sexual assault. As reported in the Sunday Herald Sun, former Carlton president John Elliott said the Blues paid at least four women about $5000 each in compensation after they alleged they had been raped by players at the time.

Elliott, who made the claims while speaking at a charity event in Hobart, said while he doubted their veracity, the payments were made to keep the complaints from becoming public.

"Not once did any of those stories get into the press because in those days they probably only had 20 people writing in the press and they weren't interested in all that sort of nonsense," Elliott said.

"We'd pay the sheilas off and wouldn't hear another word."

The controversial Elliott, whose presidency ended when the club was found to have breached the AFL's salary cap rules, went further yesterday when confirming he was concerned about one case.

"Of the four or five, there was one that we were worried about, the others we knew were not true or we were told by the players they weren't true," he told the Sunday Herald Sun.

An AFL spokesman said yesterday that Elliott's allegations had not yet been discussed but pointed out that chief executive Andrew Demetriou invited victims of sexual misconduct by current or former players to approach the league shortly after he assumed the role in 2003, The Australian reports

The spokesman said several people had approached the AFL after Demetriou pledged to assist victims of sexual misconduct at the time of a scandal involving St Kilda players in 2004.

That scandal prompted the league to develop its Respect and Responsibility Social Policy.

"If (victims) felt comfortable coming to the AFL as their first port of call, we would welcome that," Demetriou said at the time.

"But if they felt they had to go through another channel, whether it's a rape crisis centre, then again we would encourage that."

The league spokesman was unable to specify whether any of those cases were linked with Carlton or the payouts alleged by Elliott.

Post Thanks / Like

Hardly new news hearing Carlton paid for their players secretly.

Post Thanks / Like

Andy is going to be very upset!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...46-661,00.html

Kate said AFL officials, including CEO Andrew Demetriou (then CEO of the AFL Players Association) and former AFL boss Wayne Jackson, had also failed to help.

AFL spokesman Patrick Keane confirmed the league had been made aware of the allegations.

"Yes, the AFL was contacted and we said as this was a police matter . . . she should contact the police Ombudsman," he said

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    No action on Carlton sex pay-off claims
    Courtney Walsh, Greg Denham | June 22, 2009 12:05pm

Elliott, who made the claims while speaking at a charity event in Hobart, said while he doubted their veracity, the payments were made to keep the complaints from becoming public.

".
    I wonder if the state he was presenting in triggered his memory, hence why he brought this up....
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

From the article in the Herald Sun:

"If you know something, Mr Elliott, please come forward. If you are talking about me, please help me and do what is right."

But Mr Elliott told the Herald Sun he had no interest in helping her.

"She said what? I have no idea and I'm not interested. The story has got totally out of hand. I'm really not interested at all," he said.

How would he feel if it was his daughter? A complete creep in my view.

Post Thanks / Like

Sub Human individual. Yeah just think he was touted as afuture PM of our country.Sums up that side of politics

Post Thanks / Like

Just read an updated article where Fev comments on women and respect, like he can talk, how many times has he played up on his Mrs?
    The man who dresses as a woman with a phallics symbol hanging out of his pants in the middle of Melbourne while ladies and children walk past.
    This story is gaining momentum and Demetriou is trying to distance himself from it.
    Carlton football club are probably doing the right thing by shutting up, could open more cans of worms.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard Demetriou on radio say there's 'no evidence' to support this.

In the voice of Chris Griffin from Family Guy.... ooooohhhhhwwwwhhhhhhaaaaarrrrrhhhhhhhtttttt!!!
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

What does he want receipts ?

Post Thanks / Like

This is an absolute discrace no woman should be treated in this way and then to get raped again (via the media) years later you are a sick and twisted turd Elliot if the afl do nothing they are as bad as the rugby league
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Dont just blame Elliott, remember he was part of the Carlton football club who accepted this too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Dont just blame Elliott, remember he was part of the Carlton football club who accepted this too.
    Elliott always treated the Carlton Football Club as if he owned it.....surely the "buck stops with him" and the rapist if proven to be true.....

Just a side issue spinning from this....if these payments were made on behalf of the players concerned, does it affect the salary cap?
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 25-06-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: error