Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tony Liberatore patches up rift with Bulldogs

Even though he denies it, the fact that his son being touted as a possible father son selection has to be the main motivation towards his apology, having said that, whatever his reasons are, it's great for a club champion to come back, i'm not one to hold grudges, lifes too short for that rubbish...

Welcome back Libba!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great news Libba. He was a mighty warrior for our great Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever his motivation is it's best not to look a gift horse in the mouth and as Campbell Rose put it 'Life is too short', much like Libba really. Well done Tony, is there anything this little big man is afraid of, I think not.

Good stuff doggies.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done and welcome back to Libba. He was big enough to step up to the plate and apologise. That is good enough for me!

Post Thanks / Like

When you read what he wrote originally, it might have seemed bad but it was because he was hurting and he loves the club but it came out the wrong way, sometimes players or people say things about a club in the hope of the club getting better.

They see things that they dont think are good and mention it.
    Yes he did go about it the wrong way but we are all human, we all make mistakes.

The biggest thing i take out of this is he said he should have approached the people in the club first.
    Thats the statement i am impressed with.

You know a club is very strong when retired players are around looking after the past and creating the future from experience.

Some footballers arent the smartest but the heart is there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Even though he denies it, the fact that his son being touted as a possible father son selection has to be the main motivation towards his apology, having said that, whatever his reasons are, it's great for a club champion to come back, i'm not one to hold grudges, lifes too short for that rubbish...

Welcome back Libba!!!!!!

Why should it?

If his son was happy to play for us as a father-son I'm sure we wouldn't say "we're not going to draft him, his Dad's a tosser". If clubs did that, none of the Clokes would ever had played.

Post Thanks / Like

haha i like that Sockeye....Brownys kids have got no hope in that case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Why should it?

If his son was happy to play for us as a father-son I'm sure we wouldn't say "we're not going to draft him, his Dad's a tosser". If clubs did that, none of the Clokes would ever had played.
    But in that csae it would be "Your dad is a tosse and so are you and your brothers"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Welcome Home Libba! Good to have you back at the kennel, you were a champion with a heart as big as Phar Lap's. I agree, it takes a "big" man to apologise so publicly and I hope you have more involvement with the club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Why should it?

I didn't mean it like that, it was more to smooth the waters so with the most likely father/son drafting of his son especially given the CG consessions, the feel good story of another F/S draftee, especially from a champion of the club who's relationship with the club had soured quite alot,

I never said we wouldn't draft a kid because we had a beef with his old man in my post, so please don't assume and take me out of context!

Post Thanks / Like

This is great news.
    You can never under estimate how hard it is for a real competitor to give up the game. he was also in the middle of a marriage break up at the time. I guess all these things are connected.
    Now that he's extended the olive branch I would happily forgive him.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to declare an interest. My 7 yo daughter's middle name is Liberatore-that's the esteem I hold the Little Man in.

Like others have already said it takes a big man to apologise and once more Libba shows just how big a man he is. In a way I can understand the outburst-Libba only knows one way and that's all out attack-he picked the wrong target and said the wrong thing but I can still understand that the motivation was concern for the club.

Anyway it's great news that Libba's back in the fold, hopefully just in time to climb on the premiership bandwagon!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I have to declare an interest. My 7 yo daughter's middle name is Liberatore-that's the esteem I hold the Little Man in.
    Coolest middle name ever!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Coolest middle name ever!

She's a cool kid!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    She's a cool kid!
    Twodogs, just take us through the process that saw your daughter dubbed Little Miss. Liberatore Twodogs. How did your wife react when you suggested it???