Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Eade predicts 50-goal spree in Dons game

Shootout....

Eade predicts 50-goal spree in Dons game
    The Age
    Andrea Petrie | July 15, 2009

A FAST-PACED, free-flowing and high-scoring game is what the coaches of the AFL's two quickest sides — the Western Bulldogs and Essendon — expect when they play on Friday night.

Western Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade said in the wake of the one-point loss to Collingwood, his players were "back on the horse" and looking forward to meeting the in-form Bombers.

"It will be a high-scoring game, I think both sides will take the game on," Eade said yesterday. "Both teams have got some very talented players, both teams rely on quick ball movement, so there will be a lot of that. Both teams will play to their strengths and we probably could end up with maybe a 25-goal-a-side game."

While there would be a focus on shutting down key players such as Matthew Lloyd and Scott Lucas, Eade said there would be more emphasis on letting the Bulldogs play their own game.

"It's like when you play Geelong you can't go and tag every player. You've got to be able to back your own strengths at the same time."

Coming off a 35-point win against Sydney, Essendon coach Matthew Knights said he expected a "fairly quick up-tempo game".

He said beating the Swans was a good achievement but "you look across the Bulldogs' line-up and they've got class on every line".

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade predicts 50-goal spree in Dons game

There still seems to be a prevailing myth that we're a 'fast' team. I guess we move the ball fast, but I wouldn't say we have 'leg speed'.

Post Thanks / Like

That so sounds like Eade intends to shut them down and turn it into lots of contests where we can beat them up. I think it is more likely to be a 13 to 11 goal game rather than 50 goal game.

They can rip us to shreds with their leg speed if we let them.

Post Thanks / Like

If this turns out to be a 50 goal game, we will kick 40.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    If this turns out to be a 50 goal game, we will kick 40.
    Love the confidence How long would those quarters go if it was a 50 goal game?

Post Thanks / Like

Intensity and pressure are the keys to winning this. Just get a tape of the geelong v Bombres game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    That so sounds like Eade intends to shut them down and turn it into lots of contests where we can beat them up. I think it is more likely to be a 13 to 11 goal game rather than 50 goal game.

They can rip us to shreds with their leg speed if we let them.
    Couldnt agree more.

Sounds like Eade trying to trick Knights. Probably not doing a good job of it