Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Switch of games could be on

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    It will still be a twilight game, just on Saturday.
    A Saturday twilight game would be ok, Sunday twilight games are crap with having to get up for work the next morning....

Post Thanks / Like

Article in full

AFL considers changing fixture for round 22

By Cameron Noakes 6:17 PM Mon 03 August, 2009

THE AFL is considering altering the order of its round-22 games to give some teams an extra day's break before they start their finals campaign.

AFL chief operations officer Gillon McLachlan said he would be notifying clubs this week of what changes – if any - would be made to the fixture.

Currently three of the top-four teams play on the last Sunday of the home-and-away season and AFL chiefs have been discussing moving the Collingwood/Western Bulldogs game, which is the final game of the home-and-away season and is scheduled to start at 4.40pm.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont mind sunday twilight games, although id prefer not to have them, but i still can't figure out why they would have one in the last round of the season, fair enough have them during the season, thats fine, but not round 22, when finals start the next week, and at the start of the year noone knows whos making finals and who isn't, afl are just stupid sometimes...

Post Thanks / Like

With West Coast saying no to a swap to Friday, why can't we just have two games on Friday night?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What agreat birthday present, watching the Dogs
    Seeing as it will be on foxtel, I may have to have it on in the background. My bro is a mad doggies man like me so I cant see us missing watching it live on tv!

Post Thanks / Like

Eade wants Rd22 clash moved

By Jennifer Witham 12:46 PM Tue 04 August, 2009

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade wants the round 22 clash with Collingwood re-scheduled to earlier that weekend.

The current fixture has them playing in the last game of the round at 4.40pm on Sunday.

Both sides will play finals the following week, and Eade said it was up to the league to either move the game or guarantee both sides a six-day break before their respective first September encounters.

It would only become an issue if either side were scheduled to play on the Friday night of the first week of the finals series.

Rest of article