Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Celebrity Spotting

...and I use the word "celebrity" fairly loosely.

Due to my stupidly leaving my membership card home, had to buy a ticket. Got a seat on Level 2, right next to the Medallion Club. Scanning the surrounds just before the game, spotted, sitting nearby :

- Danny Frawley
    - Adrian Anderson
    -Ricky Olarenshaw
    - WOOF's very own Desipura!

Now, I know Olarenshaw has his knockers here on WOOF, but he spoke to me several times, going to and from the bar. And he was nice to me, so he's earned credits, in my book.

I often see Mark Seymour (ex-Hunnas singer) at the footy, but not tonight.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Celebrity Spotting

At 3/4 time I met a miserable git in the toilets who bore an uncanny resemblance to firstdogonthemoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    At 3/4 time I met a miserable git in the toilets who bore an uncanny resemblance to firstdogonthemoon.
    Damn, I was going to say firstdog too. He ditched his group for mine because I could sneak him into the reserved seat section on level 2. He left us at half time before returning again for the fourth quarter. We dominated all the quarters in which we were sitting together and got owned when we were apart. Perhaps we need to sit together for the good of the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and I also had a pre-game chat/dinner in the Victory Room with a couple of woofers...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Oh, and I also had a pre-game chat/dinner in the Victory Room with a couple of woofers...
    I thought you were referring to me when you said celebrity
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I thought you were referring to me when you said celebrity
    remember I said it "loosely"!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post

Now, I know Olarenshaw has his knockers here on WOOF, but he spoke to me several times, going to and from the bar. And he was nice to me, so he's earned credits, in my book.
    I saw you talking to Ricky, was wondering what was going on there. Russell Gilbert was near us and everyone was giving him a "high five" after the great win!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I saw you talking to Ricky, was wondering what was going on there. Russell Gilbert was near us and everyone was giving him a "high five" after the great win!
    Yeah, didn't plan it, he just came past several times and was talking about our chances. Seemed OK to me...no such informal banter from AA and Spud.

Russell Gilbert cracks me up - a great Bulldog fan.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Trent Croad and some Hawks boys at Subway last week, presumably after a schools session.

Croad wanted to use his 'loyalty stamps card' for all the boys rolls, and did so he could get a free 6 inch next time. Boy were his teams mates giving him curry about being 'tight'. I suppose he only earns $250,000 a year
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Well.... We met Rocket, he signed Seb's hat. I bumped into Griffo and he gave Seb a Hi-5. I got a Hi-5from a couple of the boys after the game (not 100% sure who they were as it was so quick as they ran past - but think one was Josh. All I can tell you was they were hot sweaty hands ). Oh and we celebrated the final siren with Mr Smorgon himself!! Hadn't seen him all game, then about 1 min before the final siren I turned around and he was suddenly sitting in the vacant seat next to me. Got a Hi-5 from one of his suited crony’s (not sure who he was though).
    All in all an awesome night! Seb was invited by the dogs to be part of the guard of honor and they presented him with a signed ball, Dogs bag, Woofer toy and yet another sherrin.
    I ended up with a sprained wrist after it all though - injured when I got on the train.

Last edited by LostDoggy; 23-08-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jodie, how did Seb enjoy all that? Must have had a smile on his face a mile wide?? I know I would have

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Hey Jodie, how did Seb enjoy all that? Must have had a smile on his face a mile wide?? I know I would have
    Oh yeah you bet!! He had no idea it was happening, they asked us to keep it a surprise. He just thought we were going to the footy as normal (actually he was quite miffed that he had to miss basketball after school!!) And when we got there we had to wait for the Bulldogs staff to come get us and Seb couldn't work out why we weren't going to our seats - he was getting mad. But it was all worth it! He was so overwhelmed to begin with and even though he had a smile on his face he was very quiet, but once he relaxed he was having the time of his life for sure.
    This is a pure joy and happiness in that smile that could not be contained as he stood at the race watching the boys warm up;

Post Thanks / Like

Celebrities? That guy off Neighbours who is a mad Bulldogs fan has been on level 1 a few times.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Celebrities? That guy off Neighbours who is a mad Bulldogs fan has been on level 1 a few times.
    Do you mean Jesse Spencer, also from House MD?

Post Thanks / Like

I remember seeing Norman Yemm at the Western Oval years ago a few times.