Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fevola (and just about everyone else) to Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    Have a listen to what Neil Mitchell had to say this morning.

http://www.3aw.com.au/

He did say it was reported on a 'scurrilous' website so for all we know it was BF. Guy sounds sure it happened though.

Post Thanks / Like

If Bradshaw doesn't retire - the lions go into 2010 with
    Brown turning 30
    Bradshaw turning 32
    Black turning 31
    And Power is about to tick over to 30...

With Fev as a 28 year old and these 5 being clearly their most important players - they are having a red hot crack at a flag I guess. I remain very unconvinced that they have the right balance to do it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! If half of these rumours are true, I'm so darn glad we got Hall and not Fevalenko, who it seems will never grow up! An perceived anger management problem is perhaps easier to control than a perceived drinking problem, me thinks!

Post Thanks / Like

Fevalenko? please dont mix those two names up, they are complete opposites.
    One I respect tremendously, the other I dont in the slightest.
    Try Fevdak or Wayne Fevola......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    If Bradshaw doesn't retire - the lions go into 2010 with
    Brown turning 30
    Bradshaw turning 32
    Black turning 31
    And Power is about to tick over to 30...

With Fev as a 28 year old and these 5 being clearly their most important players - they are having a red hot crack at a flag I guess. I remain very unconvinced that they have the right balance to do it though.
    They may believe that they can off load a few aging stars to GC at the end of 2010 for early picks. GC will want experienced players for the short term and players moving from the Lions to GC won't have to move far. Could prove to be a handy "get out of jail free" card if Fev doesn't deliver.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    OMG! If half of these rumours are true, I'm so darn glad we got Hall and not Fevalenko, who it seems will never grow up! An perceived anger management problem is perhaps easier to control than a perceived drinking problem, me thinks!
    I stand to be corrected on this, but I'm of the belief that Hall is well respected and liked at Sydney and is well thought of by his now ex-teammates (on field indiscretions aside). I wonder how Fevola's ex-teammates at Carlton feel about him.

We definitely set our sights on the right one, personality wise. Fev is a tool.

Post Thanks / Like

I dare say Marc Murphy and Bryce Gibbs aren't too fond of him. Actually add Juddy to that list too.

Post Thanks / Like

What I found really interesting in the whole Fevola saga was even armed with some of the facts about his behavior on Brownlow night a number of Carlton supporters still thought he shouldn't be traded.
    Quite frankly it was a untenable position to keep him there and the club had no choice. I also think there would have been a player revolt if he wasn't moved on.

Carlton basically got McLean and Henderson for Fevola and pick 27 and that will set them back a couple of seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

I admire the belief Voss has in his ability but I dont understand some of his moves in this trade week. I think getting Fevola is fair enough if he thinks he can control him but he has not addressed some of the major holes in his side. They have 1,000 ball carrying half back flankers and not only did they get Raines but they also chased other players in the same mould. Basically all the lions have are big forwards and running half backs and they spent half the trade period chasing these types of players. The lions are atrocious in the midfield and were massacred in the stoppages all year. Not only do they not win clearances but opposition teams explode out of them and hurt them on the scoreboard. Simon Black is amazing at what he does but in a lot of ways is very limited. Black desperately needed support in the midfield. They needed some inside grunt and by the looks of it they didnt even try. Surely Voss is aware of this deficiency?

Post Thanks / Like

Scott Gullan from HS has rated the Lions trading today as an A+.

"Where have you been all our lives, Vossy? This is exactly how trade week should be approached. Slash and burn your list, and plunder other clubs. Getting Fevola is an act of pure genius as it will now mean the Lions have the scariest forward line in living memory. The other four have shown enough to not rule out some serious improvement in a new environment"

Even with their new old look line up can't see how they've addressed the key deficiences that were highlighted in our SF drubbing of them at the G a few weeks back in very windy conditions. At this point at least I would favour our chances even moreso if that scenario presented itself again in 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I admire the belief Voss has in his ability but I dont understand some of his moves in this trade week. I think getting Fevola is fair enough if he thinks he can control him but he has not addressed some of the major holes in his side. They have 1,000 ball carrying half back flankers and not only did they get Raines but they also chased other players in the same mould. Basically all the lions have are big forwards and running half backs and they spent half the trade period chasing these types of players. The lions are atrocious in the midfield and were massacred in the stoppages all year. Not only do they not win clearances but opposition teams explode out of them and hurt them on the scoreboard. Simon Black is amazing at what he does but in a lot of ways is very limited. Black desperately needed support in the midfield. They needed some inside grunt and by the looks of it they didnt even try. Surely Voss is aware of this deficiency?
    I can't believe Voss didn't throw everything at Luke Ball.

The one bloke that could have really helped them, was available, and we didn't hear a peep. It seemed he was too busy stacking up on 2012's list cloggers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rohanj View Post
    Scott Gullan from HS has rated the Lions trading today as an A+.

"Where have you been all our lives, Vossy? This is exactly how trade week should be approached. Slash and burn your list, and plunder other clubs. Getting Fevola is an act of pure genius as it will now mean the Lions have the scariest forward line in living memory. The other four have shown enough to not rule out some serious improvement in a new environment"

Even with their new old look line up can't see how they've addressed the key deficiences that were highlighted in our SF drubbing of them at the G a few weeks back in very windy conditions. At this point at least I would favour our chances even moreso if that scenario presented itself again in 2010.
    That is simply from a self-centred POV from the journo. Journos need something to write about and Voss gave them plenty.

Good career move from Voss - keep the journos happy and they'll never write anything bad about you and support you keeping your job forever, the Neale Daniher rule.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Personally I was suprised that they didn't have a crack at Ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah snap. SS took the words right out of my mouth.