Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  433
Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ekers

Without looking at his numbers Nahas seems like a good candidate for the North rep to me.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I think that's fairly self explanatory.

Just a side note but has it been mentioned that our current senior coach would be in the eker H.O.F. Or it that blasphemous ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Between 30-50 games at 3 different clubs over 11 seasons.
    He'd be in a forward pocket in the Eker team of the century I reckon.
    Maybe we should add coaching and playing exploits. Call it the Bevo rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think Dustin Flecther is the biggest eker .. 40 years old and still hanging in there , what's that 23 years on a list and the same club ! Wow !
    Fair eker and managed to clock up over 400 games :-)

He's at the very least A-grade, bordering on elite.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought an elite eker was a player who managed to stay on a list(s) the longest and play the least amount of games?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I thought an elite eker was a player who managed to stay on a list(s) the longest and play the least amount of games?
    Daniel Currie come on down
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Daniel Currie come on down
    Ha ha good get had to look him up. Top shelf eker.

An eker is clearly a bloke who can hold onto a job the longest and do the least amount of work during their tenure. Daniel Currie has put in 10 years for 3 games. Awesome work if you can get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Ha ha good get had to look him up. Top shelf eker.

An eker is clearly a bloke who can hold onto a job the longest and do the least amount of work during their tenure. Daniel Currie has put in 10 years for 3 games. Awesome work if you can get it.
    Which included a year in the SANFL, which is the equivalent of coming back to life and continuing to eke. Eker legend.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

7. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nathan Krakouer could do with some love in this thread too. Walked out on 2 clubs, went to the bush and looked like he swalloed a sheep, never played a good game, and 4 years later is somehow plying his trade in the SANFL while being on the list of one of the teams he walked out on. Stunning stuff from a 27 year old with 40 games to his name.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Another potential eker in his 6th season for only 3 games:

After 1384 days, Cat Josh Cowan will finally play again

JOSH Cowan will play his first game in nearly four years when he lines up for Geelong against Collingwood on Friday night.

Cowan last played for the Cats in round 18, 2011 before a series of Achilles and hamstring injuries derailed his career.

The 24-year-old has had two bouts of surgery on his Achilles, but after some good VFL form this season he will complete his return to the senior side on Friday night.

"It's all very exciting," Cowan told the club's website.

"These are the sort of games you really want to play – big games, big crowd at the MCG. So I'm very excited right now.

"Tomorrow and tonight I guess I'll be very nervous, I just looking forward to. I can't wait for it to start."

Cowan was taken with pick No.56 in 2009 NAB AFL Draft and made his debut against Gold Coast in round 10, 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Liam's current contract expires at the end of 2017. ��
    At which time he'll be traded to Brisbane to claim his spot in the halls of the Eker gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Between 30-50 games at 3 different clubs over 11 seasons.
    He'd be in a forward pocket in the Eker team of the century I reckon.
    Add to that a decent stint in the public service between his playing and his coaching life and he's looking like leadership group material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Nathan Krakouer could do with some love in this thread too. Walked out on 2 clubs, went to the bush and looked like he swalloed a sheep, never played a good game, and 4 years later is somehow plying his trade in the SANFL while being on the list of one of the teams he walked out on. Stunning stuff from a 27 year old with 40 games to his name.
    Blessed with a surname.

Post Thanks / Like

The public service stint is icing on a very impressive eker cake

Post Thanks / Like

I'm too lazy to go back through the thread but some Eker royalty was on show last night surely!? Tony Armstrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Has Josh Cowan just prolonged his career as an eker by getting injured again ?
    By the way my Dustin Fletcher comment was tongue in cheek sarcasm .. Aged 40 and still going, that's got to be an age eker in football.
    Talk about taking it to the extreme , I mean think about it he is 40 his son could have been playing with him the last 4 years if he had one at 18.
    Amazing stamina and body is Dustin.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Has Josh Cowan just prolonged his career as an eker by getting injured again ?
    By the way my Dustin Fletcher comment was tongue in cheek sarcasm .. Aged 40 and still going, that's got to be an age eker in football.
    Talk about taking it to the extreme , I mean think about it he is 40 his son could have been playing with him the last 4 years if he had one at 18.
    Amazing stamina and body is Dustin.
    My sarcasm meter must have been on the fritz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I'm too lazy to go back through the thread but some Eker royalty was on show last night surely!? Tony Armstrong.
    Good pick.

3 clubs and senior games with all without ever looking like he deserves a game.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Good pick.

3 clubs and senior games with all without ever looking like he deserves a game.
    Though he does have a claim to fame of playing two games in the one day.