Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  433
Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ekers

Just watching Aker as a commentator on Fox Sports news. Is there such a thing as a media Eker?

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Danny Stanley would also be a worthy nomination - been on an AFL list since 2007 with only 80 odd games.
    Great nom - he is blue-chip eker stock, up there with his teammate Andrew Raines.

Speaking of Qld clubs, Brisbane has 3 of their own blue-chip ekers still on the list - Brent Staker, Goose Maguire and Luke McGuane. Eker migration to SE Qld is rivalling the over 60's.
    Last edited by Sedat; 04-06-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Luke McGuane is still playing AFL footy's? You're kidding.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Luke McGuane is still playing AFL footy's? You're kidding.
    Not strictly playing AFL, just NEAFL , but remains on the list.

Would be a surprise if he got another game
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Must be a nice life for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Medico-Eker a category?

If so, then my bro, is Anthony Moribito. Three knee reco's and now deep bone bruising ruling him out for the season. 4season ending injuries. Just keeps rehabbing to keep a spot on the list and his knee goes again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I genuinely feel sorry for Morabito. He's talented but cursed with injuries.

Much like a certain young man on our list.

Post Thanks / Like

He's been brought up previously as being headed towards Eker royalty - but I'm really excited about Kyle Cheney at the moment.

Drafted in 2007. 48 games played (running at 6 per season....really trademark eker territory) 2 career goals, 3rd club, has returned to his original number 25 that he wore at Melbourne. It will be thrilling to see if he can get two more games this season to reach 50.

10. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know Kyle Cheney played for Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He's been brought up previously as being headed towards Eker royalty - but I'm really excited about Kyle Cheney at the moment.

Drafted in 2007. 48 games played (running at 6 per season....really trademark eker territory) 2 career goals, 3rd club, has returned to his original number 25 that he wore at Melbourne. It will be thrilling to see if he can get two more games this season to reach 50.
    Surely he would deserve his own banner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Surely he would deserve his own banner
    What? One that he brings along himself?

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Yep, he is as good as they get. If he actually chooses to retire, he might go near being the greatest Eker of all the times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep, he is as good as they get. If he actually chooses to retire, he might go near being the greatest Eker of all the times.
    Who has the title RJ? I tend to vote Dale Kickett, 5 AFL clubs plus a stint in state league between them. But he has over 150 games.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the '70s there was a big ruckman on the list who played 150 reserves games without ever playing a senior game. Don't know why he never played. Must have been against his religion or something. Greg something? Maybe he was a super hero and didn't want to draw attention to himself. He was on the list for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Best name ever...Greg Something!