Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: H.sun supercoach

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    I'm currently sitting 7th, and have my spot in the finals all locked away...barring a disaster of some kind. I must say, I was surprised to see you sitting above me TCD, given your negativity surrounding your SC performance this season!
    I've been lucky a few times & pinched games when others were worse than me. Just fortunate to have been paired against those on those weeks.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I've been lucky a few times & pinched games when others were worse than me. Just fortunate to have been paired against those on those weeks.
    No need to be humble, you had obviously thought through your season to perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Make no mistake, I'm shit at SC. Most weeks I forget about it, and have some players in the side who aren't playing. That said, I'm amazed I've actually won some games.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I did bring Wood in this week. Nason made way.

Post Thanks / Like

Midfield trade time:

One of Judd, Montagna, Boyd or Dal Santo - who do I go?

I already have Cooney & Griffen so I don't want to be too reliant on Dogs players, but this week is the key, I need a big score.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Midfield trade time:

One of Judd, Montagna, Boyd or Dal Santo - who do I go?

I already have Cooney & Griffen so I don't want to be too reliant on Dogs players, but this week is the key, I need a big score.
    Judd or Boyd. I know they're rumors but they've been hinting about resting Saints players for a while now. I'm keeping everything crossed for tonight and Joey isn't a late scratching. I'm out of contention in the Doggies league but I'm playing for a spot in the 8 in another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Judd or Boyd. I know they're rumors but they've been hinting about resting Saints players for a while now.
    I know who I'd go for and it's neither of those two (had to make the same choice in the middle rounds), but then again I went for a MPP flexibility strategy so that I could go hard with trades earlier and capitalise on some underpriced premiums so I probably don't have the strongest possible mid-6 (they still pulled out 1000 points between them last week despite one of them only getting a 49).

Basically, if you look at the respective players' teams' run home, you will have your answer, and since Mantis's question is only for this week, just look at the teamsheets.

I'm swearing off talking about Supercoach forthwith as I don't want to jinx the run home. Fingers crossed, wood touching, all that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post

Basically, if you look at the respective players' teams' run home, you will have your answer, and since Mantis's question is only for this week, just look at the teamsheets.
    I went for Dal Santo.... will possibly draw a tag from Howlett, but he should be good for a reasonable score.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    I know who I'd go for and it's neither of those two (had to make the same choice in the middle rounds), but then again I went for a MPP flexibility strategy so that I could go hard with trades earlier and capitalise on some underpriced premiums so I probably don't have the strongest possible mid-6 (they still pulled out 1000 points between them last week despite one of them only getting a 49).

I'm swearing off talking about Supercoach forthwith as I don't want to jinx the run home. Fingers crossed, wood touching, all that.
    I had a choice of those players a few weeks ago and went with Montagna. The Saints run home got him over the line against someone like Judd. It's just the the resting players thing has me concerned and being an owner of Montagna I'm sure it will happen just to put the nail in my miserable SC coffin for 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Juddy, and since it's not really a Supercoach issue I'll say it: anyone still questioning the call I made at the start of the season that Swan was a better CURRENT player? No doubt historically Juddy will be remembered as one of the greats, but last season + this season, I just don't see how anyone can even reasonably compare the two. Juddy is a standout in a mediocre team, Swan is the uber-consistent week-in week-out, contest after contest go-to man in a premiership contender.

They'll also go head-to-head at some point this weekend, which will be pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Just swapped Maguire and Podsiadly for Easton Wood and Nick Riweoldt.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I've just stolen a 1 point win over you, lucky I took a punt and brought in Fev this week, whose 1 point contribution ended up being the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank god Browny has come good again and repayed the faith. Is a shame i had to trade Rockliffe for Riewoldt as i was just short of being able to trade Pods for him.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    Thank god Browny has come good again and repayed the faith. Is a shame i had to trade Rockliffe for Riewoldt as i was just short of being able to trade Pods for him.
    I traded out Brown this week for Reiwoldt.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I traded out Brown this week for Reiwoldt.
    Given a choice between the two i would def prefer Reiwoldt so is not all bad, what were your other options to trade out for him?
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.