Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dimma to take over from Smorgon?

This is weird, I was just saying to my better half yesterday in the car, 'Thank God for David Smorgon, what would have happened to the club without him?' I hope he stays on as long as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not use the opportunity to express your feelings to David personally at the Family Day next Sunday. We need to let our President know how highly regarded he is and even say thank you to him for everything he has done for our Club. I am sure David would appreciate that.
    ________
    BDSM VIDEOS
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 19-03-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

David has done and continues to do a wonderfull job but as stateted in a few posts he puts in a huge amount of time the last few years this would have been extremely difficut for him with the passing of his wife.
    Maybe with the club being set up well into the future he can have a well deserved rest and allow someone else to take the reighns I personally think it should be his call but then again I thought S West and C Grant should have the same choice 15 years is a long time.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Smorgo is in the best position to decide who should take over from him, when his time comes....if he came to me as a member and recommended anyone i would trust his judgement and support that person...lets just hope we are not in that position for a few years yet!! Still plenty to be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by western monkey View Post
    Smorgo is in the best position to decide who should take over from him, when his time comes....if he came to me as a member and recommended anyone i would trust his judgement and support that person...lets just hope we are not in that position for a few years yet!! Still plenty to be done.
    Well said!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

It was David's wife who encouraged and wanted him to stand again whilst she was fighting cancer and that is the reason he is in the job now. David still has the passion and commitment of when he took over the leadership in 1996. If Ros was alive today she would be supporting him in whatever he decided to take on.
    ________
    Honda Ch80
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 19-03-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susie View Post
    David Smorgon is doing an absolutely brilliant job and he has a very good Board who work extremely well together. It is news to me about Paul Dimmatina and his intentiions for a Board position.
    I agree. If there was to be a former player to eventually be considered as a potential replacement for David Smorgan, then the logical replacement would be the highly regarded Steve Walliss.Together with his son likely to be drafted to the Bulldogs next year,
    it would make sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I agree. If there was to be a former player to eventually be considered as a potential replacement for David Smorgan, then the logical replacement would be the highly regarded Steve Walliss.Together with his son likely to be drafted to the Bulldogs next year,
    it would make sense.
    You don't think there could be a conflict of interest if Mitch is seemed, by his Dad, to be not getting a fair go ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to David.
    In my books he can stay for as long as he likes.
    Would have been unimaginable last season after the loss of his wife and yet he, and the board, still managed to take the club forward.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely correct. David's wife died two years ago after a battle with cancer. David is an outstanding leader and as I have stated before he is a gentleman who treats men and women equally. May David continue to lead the WB for as long as he feels he is needed. David has a cohesive and hard working board under his leadership.
    ________
    UTG AIRSOFT DELUXE TACTICAL GREEN
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 19-03-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely correct. David's wife died two years ago after a battle with cancer. David is an outstanding leader and as I have stated before he is a gentleman who treats men and women equally. May David continue to lead the WB for as long as he feels he is needed. David has a cohesive and hard working board under his leadership.
    Hear! Hear!

Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope he does sign up for another term. I am sure all supporters of the WB would be pleased. He is passionate about our Club. He puts in incredible hours (voluntarily) to give us the club we have today. Yes, he is a gentleman and treats both male and female equally. Long live David Smorgon and the mighty Western Bulldogs.
    David informed me at last years Snow Ball that this would probably be his last year. Personally I would hate to see ,in my opinion, the best President the club has ever seen go, but it is his decision and I hope all Doggies get behind him and show him the support that he has shown Us. Smorgo Smorgo Smorgo WOOF WOOF WOOF

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure David would like to hear your sentiments. Why don't you send him a note and tell him how you feel. He is a great President and I agree he is probably the best President we have ever had at the WB
    ________
    VOLCANO DIGITAL REVIEW
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 19-03-2011 at 01:55 AM.